What we're about
Northern Virginia (NoVA) Section of the National Council of Negro Women, Inc. is a nonprofit (501)c(3) community and church-based organization that is committed to contributing to the solution of the problem of human welfare, human rights, social planning and action on a national and international level.
The purpose of the Northern Virginia Section is:
• To develop leadership and promote personal growth
• To build a common fellowship among person members
• To concentrate on the needs of children, youth, and seniors.
• To disseminate information concerning the activities of organized women
• To work to achieve equality of opportunity in a society free of discrimination and segregation based on race, creed, color, sex, or national origin
• To collaborate and cooperate with other organizations in achieving the above goals.