@NYCPhotographers are collaborating with Instagram Hub @Night.Sh00terz & the Primeshot family, for this fun event. Weather permitting, we will meet at Bowery and Canal Street in front of HSBC at 12:00pm sharp.
Nearest subway stations are:
East Broadway (F)
Grand Street (B,D)
Canal Street (6), (J,Z), (R)
We will walk across the Manhattan Bridge to Brooklyn, while shooting photos of the city. When we arrive to Brooklyn Bridge Park, we can separate for 90 minutes to shoot photos around the park, rest, eat and use the restrooms. Then we will re-group and walk back to Manhattan via the Brooklyn Bridge. The photowalk ends at City Hall Subway Station.
* Be on time; give yourself plenty of time to travel. Mass transit and traffic is always worse on the weekends. Check for service changes or delays. USE GOOGLE MAPS!! We may post that we'll wait an 10-15 minutes for latecomers, but once the meetup begins, we will not answer any messages.
* Be advised that both bridges will be extremely packed with tourists -- especially the Brooklyn Bridge. Walk on the correct path and stay clear of joggers and bikers.
* Dress appropriately for the weather and wear comfortable shoes.
* Bring snacks and water to stay hydrated.
* Don’t forget your camera, charged batteries and empty memory cards!!
Hope to see many of you there!!
Details of this event may be added or changed at any time, so please check in periodically on this page. Cellular phone numbers are private and will not be provided. Usually, there are no planned routes. If you have questions, please leave them in the comments below before the event begins.
Again, DO NOT BE LATE!!! Once the meetup begins, WE WILL NOT answer any messages. We know traffic and mass transit sucks, but it's not fair for Organizers to keep checking their phones during a meetup draining their batteries, and it's not fair to hold up the group of people who arrived on time. We may occasionally leave drop pins during our events, but don't use that as an excuse to be late. Just be on time so we can all enjoy taking pictures and the company.
Disclaimer: Participation in these events requires that you assume all risks associated with these activities and that the Organizers, Co-Organizers, and Event Hosts are in no way liable for any tickets/summons, loss, theft, damage or injury as a result of your participation. In other words, you are attending these events at your own risk!!
Meetup charges Organizers a semi-annual fee. If you would like to send a contribution to help us keep NYC Photographers up and running, you can send $2.00 or more via PayPal at [masked]. If you don't use PayPal, you can contribute cash on site at a meetup event. This is NOT a requirement, but any amount will be greatly appreciated.