** PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE DESCRIPTION. CHECK THIS EVENT PAGE PERIODICALLY FOR ANY UPDATES OR CHANGES. THANK YOU. **
** UPDATE 8/2/12 **
Brooklyn Born (http://www.meetup.com/NYC-Photographers/members/11168689/) will be teaching a series of photography lessons - for free!! This fourth lesson (item highlighted in the list below) is the feature we will discuss:
2. Shutter Speed
4. Manual Mode (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_digital_camera_modes#Manual-enabled_modes) - that combines all three features
This will be a great opportunity for members with DLSR / SLR settings to take more control of their cameras. Brooklyn may also cover other features and techniques that could help compose and expose better photographs.
- We will meet under the Arch on 5th Avenue and Washington Square North. Then we'll find a cool, shaded area in the park to start the workshop. Closest subway station is West 4th Street/Washington Square (A/B/C/D/E/F/M).
- Currently the forecast is 90 degrees with 20% chance of rain. If the weather changes and does not permit us to have this workshop outside, the meetup point will be relocated inside the Sony Atrium Plaza @ 550 Madison Avenue between 55th and 56th Streets.
- This event begins at 12pm sharp!! Please be on time!! Check for service changes and delays. Give yourself extra time to travel. Once the event begins, I will not answer my phone - as it will be disruptive during the lesson. Usually Brooklyn's workshops run for around 1 hour.
- Click on the link below to save & print the cheat sheet (color recommended). Bring it to the lesson:
Manual Mode Cheat Sheet (http://files.meetup.com/1605023/highres_58443742.jpg)
- Other items to bring:
a. Pen & Notepad
b. Your Camera
c. Your Camera's manual (we advise you to skim through it before the lesson)
d. Snacks and a drink to stay hydrated
e. Sunblock and bug repellent
- Make sure you format your memory cards and charge your batteries.
- As Brooklyn mentioned on the message board:
1. We will NOT be teaching you how to use your own camera. There are too many models from too many manufacturers to know them all. We can not stop the class mid-sentence to try and figure out your particular model. Please read your user manual and/or bring it with you for reference!
2. These classes are meant to teach the basics of controlling your aperture, shutter speed, ISO and metering. The last class will be meant to put it all together and shoot completely in manual. You will not leave the class shooting like Ansel Adams! You must practice and mess up A LOT! After a while , it'll come naturally.
- Please hold your questions until the end of the lesson. Brooklyn, Boris and I will try to go around and assist anyone that needs help.
- IMPORTANT!! > Brooklyn does not like to get his picture taken, so please do not take pictures of him. If anyone takes a picture of him - the lesson will be cancelled on the spot!!
- Be courteous by updating your RSVP accordingly. If you RSVP “yes” and you can’t make it, change your RSVP to “no”.
- Please check in on this event page periodically for any updates or changes.
We are both looking forward to share this basic knowledge and to help you all find your way to your own photographic style.
If you have any questions, send me an email (http://www.meetup.com/NYC-Photographers/message/?recipientId=11413209) or a text message before the day of the event. Please make sure you identify yourself in your message so I know who you are.
~ Sally[masked].NYCP (6927)