PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE DESCRIPTION
Due to Hurricane Sandy and limited subway service, this event will be rescheduled to Saturday 11/10/12. Please adjust your RSVP accordingly.
Also, if you are able, please visit a nearby shelter to donate food and clothes, or volunteer to help those who were severely affected by the storm.
1. If the subway system is not fully operational and/or if weather permits, this event may be rescheduled to a later date this month.
2. Also, this event will now be an “open meetup” . After we gather at the meetup point, you can either wander around in small groups or venture on your own.
3. I am removing the limit so that others can sign up to attend.
Since Verena is out of commission due to a broken ankle, the Storm King event has been cancelled. However, if you are still interested in going there, visit Verena’s post on the message board for more information:
Meetup Cancelled: Fall Foliage at Storm King Art Center (http://www.meetup.com/NYC-Photographers/messages/boards/thread/28140392)
Verena – get better soon!! Wishing you a speedy recovery!!
As an alternative, you can attend this “open event” - the Brooklyn Botanic Garden to capture some foliage there. The meetup point is in front of the Eastern Parkway entrance, and the nearest subway station is Eastern Parkway (2 or 3 train). You may bring a guest if you like.
From the website:
* …Food and beverages cannot be brought into the Garden. Food can be purchased and consumed at the Terrace Café. Picnicking is not allowed.
* Sitting on the lawn is only allowed at the Cherry Esplanade. Blankets and folding chairs are not permitted.
* Tripods and easels are not permitted in the Conservatory, the Japanese Hill-and-Pond Garden, in flower beds, or blocking any Garden paths. Commercial and wedding photography is only permitted by prior arrangement.
* Brooklyn Botanic Garden is a nonsmoking facility. Please refrain from smoking anywhere on the grounds.
* Do not pick flowers, walk in the planted beds, or climb trees. Fallen leaves, flowers, or other plant materials must be left on the ground.
* Admission on Saturdays between 10am and 12pm is free, except on Saturdays with public programs such as Sakura Matsuri, Chile Pepper Fiesta, and Ghouls & Gourds. After that, admission is $10.
For other transit, driving directions, parking and other information, please visit the garden’s website.
* Be on time! This event starts at 11am sharp!! So give yourself plenty of time to travel. Check for service changes or delays. I will not wait for latecomers and I will not answer calls, emails and/or messages after 11am.
* Please be courteous and change your RSVP accordingly. If you RSVP “yes” and cannot or will not make it, please change it to “no”, so that someone else can attend.
* Dress appropriately for the weather and wear comfortable shoes.
* Don’t forget your camera, charged batteries and empty memory cards!!
If you have any questions, text me only before the day of the event. Please make sure you identify yourself in your message, so I know who your are.
** Disclaimer: Participation in this event requires that you assume all risks associated with these activities and that the Organizers are in no way liable for any loss or injury as a result of your participation. In other words, you are attending these events at your own risk!! **