Let's create a neighborhood community focused on all the fabulous things North Denver has to offer - Beer, Food, Art, Lakes, Beer - again (there are a lot of breweries here!) Eventually, it would be great to have a list of people to have impromptu happy hours within the hood!
Due to Covid restrictions we will be hosting all events outside. We will try to go to patios where there are heaters. We will restrict all events to 6 people. We will announce the events just a few days before when we have a good picture of the weather for the day. All events will be subject to cancellation is the weather should turn bad! For now we are focused on daytime activities such as Brunch, Coffee, and maybe a happy hour or two (on the warmest days). We may also host a few hikes over the next few months.
Once it warms up and/or we can sit inside, we will host between 4-8 events a month: 2 Happy hours, 2 restaurant(hip to casual), 2 mid-day Coffee breaks and a couple of other fun event in or outside of North Denver (thinking live music/movies/plays/art walks/hikes/paddle boarding/other cool outings).
Please message me with event ideas - note that we want to stay in the North part of Denver County if possible - So LoHi, Highlands, Berkeley, Sloan's Lake, RiNo, Jefferson Park or Downtown.
I'm open to event ideas! Ask yourself - What are you passionate about? What have you always wanted to do? Favorite hike? A volunteer event for a charity dear to your heart? Never been to a hockey game? Is there an interesting festival coming up? Do you want to host a book club? Or maybe make your favorite recipe with a few others? Let's make this a community of our neighbors that we will all enjoy.
1. This is an all-inclusive, safe place for people of all genders, ages, races, sexualities, etc. Anyone that says of does anything counterproductive to this mission will be removed from the group!!!
2. All events will have a 24-hour cancellation rule. No shows will be removed from the group. 2 late cancellations and you will be removed from the group. Many of these events require a credit card to hold the reservation so please be courteous and update your reservation if you cannot come (whether you are a 'yes' or 'waitlisted'). Exceptions will be made if you are unwell and communicate this with us prior to the event - as long as you don't make it a habit.
3. Please don't sign up for every event and just assume you can cancel 24 hours before and that is ok. This is not ok and prevents people who want to engage from being able to sign up at all! I know events fill up fast, but please only sign up if you are seriously going to go. I am limiting the sign up to 1-2 weeks prior to the event to avoid this happening. If you are on the waitlist for an event, please check back regularly to make sure you haven't been moved up - it is very likely that you will be moved up at the last minute.
4. We reserve the right to remove anyone from the group at our discretion.
5. By signing up as a member of this group and/or attending any events, you and your guests fully assume all risks associated with such participation, including travel to and from the event. You agree to be responsible for your own safety and realize that some events may be more physically challenging than others. You and your successors agree to hold all Organizers and other Wild Card members harmless in the event of any accident, injury or death.
6. Have Fun. Be Safe. Make Friends. Enjoy North Denver.