What we're about
Upcoming events (2)
This camp teaches individuals with disabilities to ride conventional 2-wheel bikes without training
wheels, using a curriculum and ultra-stable trainer bikes from iCanShine’s iCanBike program. A
core group of researchers, as well as adapted physical education specialists, have devoted years
of time-tested research to enable individuals with special needs to overcome physical and mental
challenges related to riding two-wheelers.
There are a host of benefits:
• Peer inclusion
• Improved health & confidence
• Improved participation in family activities
• Greater independence and transportation
For more information about iCanShine’s bike camp program, please visit their website at:
Camp Format: Training sessions last one hour and fifteen minutes per day. Campers attend the
same session all week. Each camper will be assisted by 1 to 2 volunteer buddies who team up with
their rider and are directed by the iCanShine staff. Family members are welcome to stay and watch
from the observation areas.
1. You want to ride a bike independently and can attend Bike Camp all 5 days.
2. Age 8 (by 8/1/15) through adult (priority may be given to older applicants).
3. Able to walk without assistive device.
4. You can stand “side step” (think “straddling a bike to get on”).
5. You can pedal a tricycle or bike with training wheels.
6. You are willing and able to wear a bike helmet for 1 hour.
7. Minimum inseam of 20 inches and maximum weight of 220 lbs. Any height.
What’s included: Use of adaptive bikes, specialized training, one-on-one assistance, a helmet
and a t-shirt will be provided to each rider, along with a medal and certificate upon completion.
During the Camp, staff recommend selection criteria for a suitable bike for each participant.
How to Apply: Please complete the Bike Camp registration form and return it to UCP-OC ASAP. Once your space is reserved, your camp tuition payment is due to UCP-OC.
Payment will confirm your spot in this year’s Camp.
Check with your Regional Center on potential use of respite or other funds to help cover all, or a
portion of, your child’s participation in this program. DSAOC Vendor# PM1261
We look forward to having your loved one at Bike Camp 2015! Thank you.
Monday, August 10 - Friday, August 14, 2015
Soka University, Aliso Viejo
Camp tuition: $250
(Scholarships may be available. Contact Lisa Kerfoot at UCP [masked] for information on how to apply.)
Send your application
to UCP-OC by
Monday, May 18, 2015
Are you aware of this special program that Regional Center of OC sends out to their clients? It's a great discount to normal pricing. If you use the program through this Meetup posting, please RSVP so I know how many people it helps. You will need to contact your Regional Cener representative to get access. Here is some of the basic info about the program:
Dear Community Involvement Program Guest,
Thank you for your participation in the 2017 Disneyland® Resort Community Involvement Program!
Please read this information carefully. We strongly recommend saving this information for future reference. Organizations and individuals suspected of abusing the program will be removed from the mailing list and will not be considered for future offers.
This document contains:
• Link to the Disneyland® Resort Community Involvement Program Online Ticket Store
• Your Personal Entry Code
• Ticket Prices and Dates
• Ticket Order Deadlines
• How to Order Disney’s eTickets Online
• How to use Disney’s eTickets
• How to Request a Refund
• Who to Contact for Assistance To access the CIP Online Store visit a special website that Regional Center will tell you about.
• This Entry Code is good for one purchase of a maximum of (6) six tickets per household
• You can use the code to view the store multiple times, but once you have purchased tickets the code is no longer valid (even if you did not meet the six ticket maximum)
• $57.00 each (ages 3 and over) for a 1-Day, 1-Park Ticket to visit either Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park in one day
• $85.00 each (ages 3 and over) for a 1-Day Park Hopper Ticket to visit both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park in one day
• Parking is included in the ticket price
• Each ticket includes a $2 service fee (already included in the ticket cost). The $2 service fee will not be refunded on unused tickets.
Tickets are limited, so please order early
• Week 1: January 9, 2017 – January 12, 2017 (Monday – Thursday)*
• Week 2: January 17, 2017 – January 20, 2017 (Tuesday – Friday)*
• Week 3: January 22, 2017 – January 27, 2017 (Sunday – Friday)*
• Week 4: January 29, 2017 – February 3, 2017 (Sunday – Friday)*
• Week 5: February 6, 2017 – February 9, 2017 (Monday – Thursday)*
• Week 6: February 12, 2017 – February 16, 2017 (Sunday – Thursday)*
* 2017 Block out dates include: 1/13 – 1/16, 1/21, 1/28, 2/4, 2/5, 2/10, 2/11
* Dates are subject to change without notice.
Ticket Order Deadlines: Individual Orders Visitation Week Of: Order Deadline:
January 9, 2017 - January 12,[masked]/04/2017
January 17, 2017 - January 20,[masked]/11/2017
January 22, 2017 - January 27,[masked]/18/2017
January 29, 2017 - February 3,[masked]/25/2017
February 6, 2017 – February 9,[masked]/01/2017
February 12, 2017 - February 16,[masked]/08/2017
How to Order Tickets Online:
All ticket orders must be purchased online (there are no mailed paper forms) and are not available for purchase at the Disneyland Resort Main Entrance Ticket Booths. Payment is due at the time the order is placed and is not processed until payment is accepted. Once a week is sold out, no additional orders will be processed for that week. Acceptable forms of payment for individual ticket orders include credit card and Disney® Gift Card (no cash or checks). Once a purchase is made, ticket orders cannot be changed or exchanged for different dates.
Disneyland® Resort Corporate Citizenship