PRESENTATION: Test Driven Development (TDD) is the disciplined practice of writing unit tests prior to writing the actual production code. Come learn about TDD as our own Aaron Stoddard covers the following topics;
• What Test Driven Development is and is not
• Why TDD improves the quality of software
• How TDD fits into any software development lifecycle
• What TDD tools are available to CFML developers
• How to begin transitioning a legacy app using TDD
• What design patterns can be used to efficiently refactor legacy code into testable units of logic.
ABOUT AARON STODDARD: Aaron Stoddard has been a CFML developer since 1999 when Allaire ColdFusion 4.5 was the tool of choice for web developers.
After a 4 year hiatus in the U.S. Marine Corps from 2002 to 2006, Aaron returned to ColdFusion application development .
He now applies his military discipline to writing clean, testable code and is a fervent advocate for test driven development.
6:00pm – Food and networking
6:30pm – Presentation
8:00pm - Wrap up
Kinetic InterActive will provide beer and pizza!