What we’re about
PLEASE READ OUR FULL DESCRIPTION BELOW BEFORE REQUESTING TO JOIN THIS GROUP (CLICK READ MORE). THANK YOU!
Welcome! If you like spending time outside, getting in a good workout, and connecting with others, Outdoor Connection is the group for you. Whether you're new to the outdoors, or more experienced but can't find anyone to join you on adventures, our group is a great place to build your new outdoor family of friends. We're primarily a hiking group, but we also occasionally post walking, kayaking, biking, camping, backpacking, and informational 101 events.
~~ Take the time out of your busy life and make a connection - a connection to nature, to new friends, and most of all to yourself. ~~
- All members must be female and over the age of 21. Our events are for members only - no children, pets, or non-member guests.
- Your Meetup name must be your real name (first name only is fine).
- You must have a Meetup profile photo that clearly shows your face; this should be fairly close (headshot distance i.e shoulders up), forward-facing, non-blurry, with no other people (this is to allow us to accurately identify members at events and is an ongoing requirement to maintain membership).
- You must reside in the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
ABOUT OUR EVENTS
- Most of our events are fitness focused and part of our regular members' fitness routines; this means that we're generally moving at a consistent pace and not taking breaks for pictures, snacks, rest, etc. This is a different style of hiking than a lot of people are used to, but it's an awesome opportunity to challenge yourself and grow your abilities! We offer a variety of pace options.
- Our events are members only. We do not allow non-member guests (if you want to bring a friend, please have them join the group).
- We do not allow pets or children.
- Some events require members to pay park entry fees, parking fees, campsite fees, rental costs, etc. Members are responsible for paying their own fees for all events.
- Our events are generally very early in the mornings to avoid heat and crowds, and we do start hiking right at the posted start time (if you're late, you'll miss us).
- We host events throughout the entire Dallas / Fort Worth metro area, and occasionally explore the rest of TX and surrounding states on camping trips. Most of our events are 5-10 mile day hikes.
- We're good stewards of the parks we visit. We follow Leave No Trace principles, respect trail closures, and are considerate of other park users.
- Outdoor activities can be dangerous and may result in injury or worse.
- Our event organizers/hosts/leaders are not guides. They are simply hikers like you who are willing to help gather people together.
- You agree by joining our group to hold harmless all members of Outdoor Connection to include our members, group organizers, and event leaders. By joining our events you assume all risks and are responsible for your own physical safety and your property.
DISCLAIMER AND LIABILITY WAIVER
- Outdoor activities (including hiking, camping, backpacking, kayaking, swimming, biking, and others) are understood to involve inherent risks. It is your responsibility as a group member to observe all appropriate safety measures during any and all activities concerning this meetup group. By participating in this voluntary group, you expressly waive any and all claims that may arise from any of the activities planned, including travel to and from and during the activity, and to understand the organizer, assistants, and the group do not assume liability for personal injuries, death, or destruction or loss of personal property. By participating in the group, you expressly waive any and all such claims against each and every other group member, including without limitation any and all claims against the group organizer or assistant organizers.