For 20% off tickets, please visit Eventbrite (http://funding-what-vcs-need-to-see-meetup.eventbrite.com/) and use the code "meetup"
Join Alan Chiu, partner at XSeed Capital (http://www.xseedcap.com/), and Seffi Kaminitz, founder at Kaminitz Law (http://www.kaminitzlaw.com/) and FounderSet (http://founderset.com/), for a talk on key considerations for startups looking to incorporate and raise seed capital.
Seffi will walk you through the main legal documents that are required in the incorporation process and in seed financing; Alan will discuss XSeed Capital's approach to seed investments, composition of a founding team, trends in the seed investment market, what you need for a Series A round, and related topics.
Legal Topics We'll Discuss:
- When to incorporate and why to choose Delaware
- What legal documents are required
- What is Founder Vesting?
- The importance of 83(B) election
- Board Structure
- Convertible Notes: Cap or no Cap?
- Seed Equity rounds
Investment Topics We'll Discuss:
- Trends in seed investments
- What you need to raise a series A
- Should I raise a seed round, or bootstrap until series A?
- Composition of founding team
- Choosing your investors
- XSeed's seed investment approach