Autumn is the season of transition and reflection. We are entering the dark time of the year, the time of harvest, of endings, and of deepening into the moon-lit nights.
As we approach All Hallows Eve, it is a natural time to honor our Ancestors and departed Loved Ones.
"Ancestors" can be on our blood-lines, or our milk-lines (nurturing figures), or our spirit-lines (inspiring or spiritual figures).
The evening will start with a finger-food potluck and meet-and-greet, 7:00-7:30. The door will be open for late arrivals during this period.
We will soften into a discussion of shamanism and ancestor work. Bring your questions, curiosity, and experiences.
Then we will move into ceremonial space, and journey back through several generations to find an ancient healing ancestor. Each person will deepen into their experience with their ancestors, and bring back a gift or insight.
Our groups are by donation. I am encouraging everyone to donate $10 to $30 for our beloved Pueblo Elders in New Mexico, Flo and Sal Yepa, to help with medical expenses and to stay warm this winter. Prayers are always welcome as well.
Please RSVP below.
You can email me at [masked] if you have any questions.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
BACKGROUND on this Meetup group
* Shamanism is an Earth-honoring spiritual path. Some sessions will include an offering of gratitude for Mother Earth, and a short ceremony inspired by Peruvian shamanism to send her healing energy.
Other topics in the series can include:
* Peruvian Shamanic Traditions
* Limpias, cleanses, and clearings
* Creating and using a mesa or altar
* Ceremonies for the Earth
* Offerings and despachos
* Celtic Shamanism and the Sacred Landscape (e.g. Stone Circles, and the Hollow Hills filled with Earth Light)
* Ancestors and the Otherworld
* The Celtic Wheel of the Year
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Edie Stone is a Soul-Centered Counselor and Holistic Psychotherapist with 20 years of experience. She has been a Certified Shamanic Journey Guide since 1995. She has studied Past-Life therapy with Roger Woolger, Shamanic Dreaming with Robert Moss, and Peruvian Shamanism with don Oscar Miro-Quesada, along with many, many other trainings and teachers.
Edie has been offering ceremonies and trainings on Celtic spirituality since 1995. She taught workshops on Peruvian shamanism and Celtic spirituality in Colorado and Wales,[masked].
Edie is also an approved teacher in the Pachakuti Mesa Tradition of Peruvian shamanism.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
2027 Broadway, Suite H, Boulder, 80302.
Downstairs, below POSH art studio and the new R Gallery.
One-half block North of the Pearl Street Mall, on the West side of Broadway. Find the alcove near the bus stop. The door is set back from the sidewalk. Come downstairs.
* The best strategy is to come early and enjoy some food on the mall.
* The LOT at Broadway and Spruce is free after 7 pm and on Sundays.
* The SPRUCE STREET GARAGE usually has spaces until about 5:30 or 6 pm.
* There are 5 garages downtown, they are free on weekends, but not Friday nights. https://bouldercolorado.gov/parking-services/downtown-parking-garages
* The southbound SKIP and 208 stop right in front of our door on Broadway.
* The northbound SKIP stops between Walnut and Pearl on Broadway, and again at the corner of Broadway and Walnut.
* We are 3 1/2 blocks from the downtown bus station.
RSVP: Here on Meetup.
OK to email at at [masked] if you have any questions.
We will be joined by members of our other Meetup, Celtic Spirituality in Colorado, https://www.meetup.com/Celtic-Spirituality-in-Colorado