We will be hosting a panel discussion with speakers covering different perspectives on Data, Data Science, and Open Source Tooling in Manchester. We are hoping for some audience contribution, tweet us questions or message us via Slack (join bit.ly/2v60ieu) and we'll have some questions from the audience too. Tweet us @PyDataMCR with any questions you come up with.
* Lewis Crawford(https://www.linkedin.com/in/lewiscrawford/) – "I started building distributed data applications 20 years ago at organisations such as Sun Microsystems and Morgan Stanley. I spent a few years at the British Library building the web archiving capability and digital library system including a hadoop cluster in 2008.
Data engineering in various guises"
* Jennifer Stark – "I am a Data Engineer and analyst who uses Python and Google Cloud Platform to develop data pipelines and data products. I have a PhD in Neuroscience from University of Manchester, a Data Science certificate from General Assembly, and a Professional Master's in Information Visualisation. Ask me about working with data, working with stakeholders, moving into industry, learning to code, and more! "
* Bethan Blakeley(@HoneycombBethan) - "Bethan has been working in market research and analytics for a decade, with the overarching goal of bringing the two closer together. In 2018 she co-founded Honeycomb Analytics, an agency that exists to do exactly that: bring together WHAT customers do with WHY they do it. She is an advocate of utilising existing data and fusing different sources to give a clearer idea of context. This involves using data that is publicly available, existing business data and insight, and primary research."
* 6:00 pre-event networking, pizza and drinks
* 6:30 panel starts
* 7:30 post-panel networking
June 18th 18:00-20:00
Federation House, 2 Federation St, Manchester M4 4BF
The venue is wheelchair accessible.
Food and soft drinks will be provided by Equal Experts, if you have any dietary requirements get in touch and we can make sure you feel welcome too!
There will be no alcohol at the event.
There will be Vegan options!
Under 16s welcome with a responsible guardian. If you cannot afford travel to attend please get in touch.
Food provided by Equal Experts
Thank you to NUMFocus for sponsoring Meetup and further support
Thank you to Cathcart Associates for sponsoring PyDataMCR, If you are looking for a job in data get in touch at https://www.cathcartassociates.com/