This event was canceled
Beginner road biking skills AT THE BEACH!
Coastal Delight is a 3-day road biking fundamentals training camp for women who want to get more comfortable biking on the road. We'll enjoy quiet, low-traffic roads, coastal views and encourage one another as we build skills and practice together. Focus areas include but are not limited to:
- Build confidence and bike handling skills on rural roads
- How to climb a hill using less energy
- Descending without fear
- Practice group etiquette and communication
- Learn Oregon laws governing bicyclists
DESIGNED FOR the BEGINNER road cyclist who wants to:
• Improve her road riding skills
• Further develop her bike handling skills and confidence on the road
• Begin working on cadence for improved efficiency
A road bike is STRONGLY recommended. If you do not have a road bike contact Carolyn before registering.
* Estimated daily distances will be 20-30 miles. If you are currently comfortable biking for two hours on a road bike, you have the capacity to ride with us - no need to be nervous. Actual rides will vary each day and are subject to change based on a variety of conditions and coaches' judgement.
Cost: $499 includes 2 nights lodging, meals, focused training lessons and training rides with on-bike coaching and sweeper support. Registration will close once we have beds full; register today!
• $99 deposit will your registration
• Balance due April 12, 2019
• $35 discount with full payment by March 22th
• Registration after April 12th increases to $550
• Registration closes April 19th
HOW TO REGISTER:
1. RSVP to this Meetup and submit $99 deposit
2. Complete this Google Registration form, https://goo.gl/forms/jK7Bz4ysBId6U0CF2
3. Submit balance due by March 12th (for $35 discount) or by April 12th. Forms of payment accepted: cash, check, debit/credit, PayPal. Payment instructions are provided in the Google Registration form (See step 2).
May 20, Group breakfast @ 10:00 AM & Bike Camp Day 1
May 21: Bike Camp Day 2
May 22: Bike Camp Day 3, Check-out @ 4:00 PM
Carolyn Jen is the Founder of Ride Like A Girl Cycling and a League Certified Instructor (League of American Bicyclists). Carolyn is your go-to trainer for newbie bicyclists; she has been working with new bicyclists for six years helping women overcome common barriers to cycling, build bike handling and road biking skills and achieve bicycling goals they never thought possible. Retired from a career in the high-tech industry, she has over 25 years of experience as a training professional, designing, delivering and facilitating instruction for adult learners.
Linda Godfrey will be supporting our camp, offering loads of encouragement, tips from her six years of RLAG experience and being a ride leader. With her amazing support, we have a sweeper, which means you'll never be at the back!
Cancelations before April 1st: 100% refund
Cancelations April 2nd-April 12th: 50% refund
Cancelations after April 12th: No refund