In this meetup Andreas will demonstrate how to use Scala in a serverless AWS environment to write a Slack bot app that posts delay information from trains.
This will be a loose talk about the project, its development and deployment - and will cover the following topics:
- Open data APIs from Deutsche Bahn
- Using Scala with AWS SDK, Lambda, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch and serverless framework
- Implementing a simple GraphQL interface using Sangria
- Caching using Scaffine
- Load testing with Gatling
- Unit and integration testing
- Build pipeline with GitLab CI
Attendees of all levels are welcome! We can dive deeper in the topics and discuss the implemented technologies and tools either during the talk or afterwards.
The talk will be in englisch ;)
As usual, we will start at 18:30 with warm Pizza that gets constantly colder and start the talk when we are done with Pizza or it is 19:00, whatever happens first.