Running 20/20 Meetup at Papendal: 'How to interpret heart rate and provide feedback about it, using the Zoladz test and wearables'
Our Running 20/20 May 2017 Meetup (https://www.meetup.com/Running2020/events/238950468/) is a joint venture together with the Royal Dutch Athletics Federation, Atletiekunie (https://www.atletiekunie.nl/). This Meetup will be hosted by Sportcentrum Papendal (http://papendal.nl/over-papendal/over-sportcentrum-papendal/), the heart of Dutch National Elite Sports, in Arnhem. This special Meetup will consist of two parts:
1. The Running / Test part
2. The Talking / Meetup part
In the running part (max) 15 runners will participate in a Zoladz test, which is a condition test, using five heartrate zones. In the Meetup part, three speakers will deliver a 30 minute 'Ted Talk-like' presentation, that links to the Zoladz test. All presentations are high-content and are meant to trigger thoughts and (inter) action. Naturally, drinks and snacks will be provided.
16:30-17:00 Reception Test (see below for details)
17:00-18:00 Running test (‘Zoladz 2.0’, see below for details)
18:00-18:30 Reception Meetup (see below for details)
19:00-19:30 Bob Winter– ‘Zoladz 2.0 Project’
19:30-20:00 Gerard Nijboer – ‘Test Results’
20:00-20:30 Break / Pitches
20:30-21:00 Leo Hofstra – ‘Running and Cardiology’
21:00-21:30 Closing drinks
Bob Winter (https://www.atletiekunie.nl/medewerker/bob-winter) is community manager Running and projectmanager Zoladz 2.0 at Atletiekunie (https://www.atletiekunie.nl/).
Gerard Nijboer (https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerard_Nijboer) is a running entrepreneur and consultant and Dutch long distance athlete, record holder and Olympian. Gerard is a co-founder of the IRun2BFit, a foundation meant to support and coach kids, regarding personal development, nutrition and sports.
Prof. Dr. Leonard Hofstra (https://www.linkedin.com/in/leonard-hofstra-6326524/) is a former cardiologist and scientist at the Academic Hospital Maastricht (https://www.mumc.nl/en) and Cardiologie Centra Nederland (https://www.cardiologiecentra.nl/). Leo Hofstra is at co-founder of the Heart Attack Prevention Program for You foundation (HAPPY (https://media.wix.com/ugd/cc3f6c_b17da5ea156340deb78d261380dce519.pdf)), which aims to increase awareness on cardiovascular risk factors to prevent heart attacks. Leo Hofstra recently published a healthy lifestyle eBook entitled SLIM (https://www.slimlifestyle.nl/) in 12 weeks, for Succesful Lifesyle Intervention.
Please register (https://www.meetup.com/Running2020/events/236639727/) to receive updates on speakers, topics and other things. Registration can also be done by sending an email to [masked] . Feel free to contact the organizers if you like to deliver a one minute pitch. All speakers all requested to support interaction in English.
We hope to see you there!
Patrick Aris and Bob Winter (Atletiekunie (https://www.atletiekunie.nl/)) and Arno Hermans, Ben van Oeveren and Marcel van der Kuil (Running 20/20 (http://running2020.com/))
The Running / Test part (17:00-18:00)
· The test will be overseen by Gerard Nijboer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerard_Nijboer)
· The test will be done on the famous ‘Blue Tracks’ of Papendal, training grounds for many known Dutch Athletes
· This test will be based on the Zoladz Test (https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoladz-test), enriched with some innovative functionality to help runners and trainers/coaches to benefit from the test
· The test will consists of 5 runs of 6 minutes, with 2 minute breaks
· Participating runners can bring their own heart rate measurement device (watch, shirt or otherwise), but additional watches can be provided if required
· Results will be captured in two ways: (1) by the runner him/herself, by noting the number of covered meters, after each 6 minute zone (2) by using the heart rate measurement device
· All runners will be asked to share some basic information and the two types of results, as a basis for the individual feedback (see part 2)
· Total duration: 60 minutes, including 2 *10 minutes for changing clothes etc.
· People who aren't running can still come to the tracks, to cheer for the runners and make some observations to discuss in part 2
This test is meant as a practical method of establishing the condition of the individual runner in the aerobic zones, by observing the heart rate in the five zones.
Some more info:
Please let us know asap if you would like to participate in the running training/test, since this will be limited to 15 runners. First come, first serve.
Hotel en Congrescentrum Papendal, Papendallaan 3, 6816 VD Arnhem
Blue tracks, opposite Atletiekunie building, Papendallaan 7, 6816 VD Arnhem.
There’s room to changes clothes at the tracks before the test and to shower at the building of Atletiekunie, after the test.