I'm pleased to announce our next Bay Area meetup on Wednesday, August 26th. It is dedicated to the Raft distributed consensus algorithm and the things you can do with it with distributed systems. Doors open at 6pm with the talks starting at 7pm. Here's the lineup:
• Yvonne Coady (remote): Why consensus is important
• Diego Ongaro (The Creator of Raft): Raft, LogCabin, and what was good and bad about developing it in C++
• Andrew Hobden: raft-rs - An implementation of Raft in Rust
• Dan Burkert: Stepping stones need to get in place for rust to be a go-to distributed systems language
• Alex Newman: Using Rust for distributed systems
As always, Mozilla will be graciously providing food, drink, and a live stream of the meetup.
I hope you all can make it!
Edit: Watch the Live stream here: https://air.mozilla.org/bay-area-rust-meetup-august-2015/