What we're about
This is a private group. Membership is by invitation only.
Membership is for people I know, friends of said people or by invitation. You can try to join but if I do not know you, know of you, have not had a member refer you, You belong to 40 or more other meetup groups or have a unique and compelling profile your request will likely be declined. Feel free to name drop if you apply.
The group is primarily suited to those who are fit, agile and have mountain and desert hiking skills and experience. There may be exposure, rock scrambling, down climbing and boulder hopping involved and lots of off trail exploration. Many events are off trail exploratory hikes in the wilderness. Events may be all day in duration and members should be prepared to travel in the dark if necessary. The ten essentials, boots, extra clothes, water and food are some of the items that should carried on our events.
The group does local and other events in the Southern California region. In the winter. Many events are in the Anza-Borrego desert area. The rest of the year events range from local to Sierra trips.
Requirements for membership are:
1. Full recognizable face photo ( if you are afraid someone is stalking you then you probably shouldn't join).
2. Answering the question about your recent (6 months) hiking experience. If I cannot make a determination of your current hiking ability from the information you provide. Your request will be denied. If I know you don't worry about answering.
3. Being 18 years of age or older. ( a simple yes will suffice.)
4. Reading and agreeing to the waiver below.
5. All persons must join as individuals (no couples profiles allowed)
6. You must have a valid email address with meetup (so that you can be contacted if needed for events that you have signed up for).
7. You must visit the group site once every six months or less or your profile may be deleted.
WAIVER and AGREEMENT TO HOLD HARMLESS
Outdoor and wilderness travel contains inherent risks and dangers including but not limited to injury from falls, heat, attack by wild animals or insects, adverse weather. geological catastrophe or death.
The organizers, event hosts and members are not professional guides nor do they have any medical qualifications.
By signing up for this Meetup, you must agree to the following: This event can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each attendee attending an event is attending at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage to their equipment or themselves. You must fully understand that attending these events involve risks and dangers of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis, and death. You must fully accept and assume all such risks and all responsibility for losses, costs, and damages. You hereby release from all liability, claims, demands, losses, or damages on my account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the members of this group. By signing up for this event you acknowledge that you have read this agreement, you fully understand its terms, understand that you have given up substantial rights by attending and have attended freely and without inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law If you do not agree to or understand this waiver and agreement please remove yourself from this event.