What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
* Online Session* Click link to join at 18:30
Migrating you on-premises Database to Azure SQL DB was easy but now comes the hard part how do you setup monitoring and alerts? While there are many 3rd party options what comes standard with Azure:
- How can you be sure your azure SQL Database isn't under or over allocated, so that your costs are optimized.
- How can you project what future costs maybe.
- Using Azure Log Analytics to monitor databases
- What tools from your on-premises SQL server toolkit will still work and what new capabilities exists.
Join this session to ensure you are getting the most out of your Azure SQL database monitoring.
About Jason Horner - Global Thought Leader and International Man of Leisure
Hi, my name is Jason I'm a Independent consultant and trainer focused on the Azure Data Platform. I spend most of my day helping clients solve business problems mostly in the Data and Advanced Analytics spaces. Sometimes this involves various and sundry cloud technologies including Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Lake Store, Azure Databricks, HDInsight and Azure SQL Database. I'm fluent in several languages including: SQL, C#, Python, and PowerShell.
I'm a Microsoft Certified Master of SQL Server (MCM) and have been recognized for my technical excellence and evangelism efforts by Microsoft by being previously awarded the Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for the 6 years.
I'd love to speak at your upcoming event or user group don't hesitate to email me or reach out on LinkedIn or twitter.
In my off hours I like to snowboard, karaoke, ride roller coasters and play arcade games