This month we are welcoming a sister-organization, Empower3D, to share their mission with us and teach a class to the AR VR Women community! Empower3D is a newly launched non-profit with the mission of increasing access to free to low-cost education for all types of 3D technology: AR, VR, 3D printing, and more.
Join us to:
• Learn about the new AR & VR classes you can take in addition to other 3D technology classes
• Learn the basics of 3D modeling for AR, VR and 3D printing with a free class taught by co-founders Karen Stritzinger and Allessandra McGinnis
• Learn how you can get involved in Empower3D
Empower3D is co-founded by two women, Karen Stritzinger and Allessandra McGinnis who met earlier this year during the first AR VR Academy class hosted by AR VR Women. After enjoying the class and realizing how little access to affordable, quality AR & VR education there is, they decided to launch Empower3D, a knowledge-exchange program, to make it easier to develop skills in the 3D tech industry.
Join the Empower3D Meetup group today!
6:30 - 7:00: Networking
7:00 - 7:15: Introduction to Empower3D by Allessandra McGinnis and Karen Stritzinger (co-founders)
7:15 - 8:00: 3D Modeling for AR & VR Class (by Karen Stritzinger)
8:00 - 8:30: 3D Modeling for 3D Printing Class (Plus how it's different than modeling for AR & VR) (by Allessandra McGinnis)
8:30 - 9:30: Q&A + Networking
What you can expect from class:
• You can choose to either follow along on your computer and actively learn to model during the class OR sit back, relax and listen. Either is welcome!
• Karen will be walking through basic modeling techniques in Maya - if you don't have Maya, you can download it for free for one month (http://www.autodesk.com/products/maya/free-trial) for Windows 64-bit and Mac OS X. If you are a student, you can get a free 3 year copy.
• Allessandra will be walking through the basic principles of how to make 3D models that are actually 3D printable using Shapeways & Print Studio. If you want to follow along on your computer, create an account on Shapeways (http://www.shapeways.com/)ahead of time and download Print Studio (https://support.ember.autodesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/212823998-Install-Print-Studio) (available for Mac or PC).
More about Empower3D:
Empower3D operates as a knowledge exchange program, where every participant teaches the rest of the community about a technical or non-technical topic related to 3D technology - modeling, animation, VR, AR, Unity, 3D printing, and more. Empower3D focuses on small, high-quality classes that really empower students to achieve their personal and professional goals in the 3D technology industry.
Join the Empower3D meetup group today!