What we're about
SFELC is a curated community of engineering leaders with 1700+ leaders from over 700 companies. Although we started in San Francisco, we are here to serve all engineering leaders.
To connect world's engineering leaders and help evolve the way leadership is implemented in the tech industry.
• Most problems we face have been solved by others in the community. What's missing is the connection.
• Everyone (even the least experienced) has learnings valuable to others.
• Our challenges are often nuanced and context-dependent, so having dialogs is critical.
• YouTube channel for some of our past events: http://bit.ly/2ySKaRD
• Slides from our past speakers: http://bit.ly/2JZetrj
• Photos from recent events: http://bit.ly/2wh9kch
• Lei Yang, VP & Head of Engineering, Quora
• Jocelyn Goldfein, Managing Director @ Zetta Venture Partners
• Raylene Yung, Head of Payments, Stripe
• Mike Riccio, Director of Engineering, Google
• Krishna Bhagavan, GM, Alexa Reminders, Amazon
• Michael White, Head of Engineering, Caviar, Square
• Jason Warner, SVP of Technology, GitHub
• Dave Camp, VP of Engineering, Firefox at Mozilla
• Wade Foster, CEO & Co-founder @ Zapier
• Dana Lawson (moderator), VP of Engineering @ InVision
• Tim Olshansky, CTO @ Aconex
• John Thimsen, VP of Engineering @ Qualtrics
• Edward Kim, Co-founder & CTO @ Gusto
• Andy Chen, Partner @ Kleiner Perkins
• Naveen Gavini, Head of Product Engineering @ Pinterest
• David Silverman, former Navy SEALs Officer, Author of "Team of Teams", Founder & CEO @ CrossLead
• James Birchler, VP of Engineering @ SmugMug
• Wade Chambers, CTO & SVP of Engineering @ Grand Rounds
• Daniel Portillo, Talent Partner @ Greylock
• Scott Shumaker, VP of Engineering @ Credit Karma
• Jessica McKellar, Founder & CTO @ Pilot
• Soren Harner, VP of Engineering @ Mulesoft
• Nik Koblov, VP of Engineering @ Affirm
• Adrian McDermott, President of Products @ Zendesk
• Soren Abildgaard, Senior VP of Engineering @ Zendesk
• Mark Rabkin, VP of Engineering @ Facebook
• Deborah Liu, VP of Product, Marketplace @ Facebook
• Rob Mee, CEO @ Pivotal
• Steve Herrod, Managing Director @ General Catalyst, Former CTO & SVP of R&D @ VMware
• Jason Warner, SVP Technology @ GitHub
• Raylene Yung, Senior Engineering Leader @ Stripe
• Joe Binney, VP of Engineering @ Robinhood
• Lee Edwards, CTO @ Teespring
• Bill Portelli, Managing Partner @ CEO Quest, Co-founder and former CEO @ CollabNet
• Nick Caldwell, VP of Engineering @ Reddit
• Tim Correia, VP of Engineering & Product @ Zillow Group
• Wade Chambers, VP of Engineering @ Twitter
• Ron Lichty, Author of Manage the Unmanageable
• Simon Perryman, Director of Engineering @ Twitch
• Matt Greenberg, Sr. Director of Engineering @ Credit Karma
• Dan Pupius, former Head of Engineering @ Medium
We are proudly partnering with Greylock Partners (https://www.greylock.com/) as our sponsor, who has been helping us tremendously since our early days.
From Greylock Partners:
"Greylock Partners backs entrepreneurs who are building disruptive, market-transforming consumer and enterprise software companies. We invest early in companies that define new markets, including Airbnb, AppDynamics, Arista Networks (NYSE: ANET), Cloudera (NYSE: CLDR), Docker, Dropbox, Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), LinkedIn (NYSE: LNKD), Medium, Nextdoor, Okta (NASDAQ: OKTA), Palo Alto Networks (NYSE: PANW), Pandora (NYSE: P), Pure Storage (NYSE: PSTG, Redfin (NASDAQ: RDFN) and Workday (NYSE: WDAY)."