What we're about
Are you a home brewer that wants to meet other home brewers? Want to learn how to brew your own beer? This group's for you!
The San Francisco Homebrewers Guild was established to serve as an organizing force for the local homebrewer community. Our goal is to encourage the art and craft of homebrewing and to bring local brewers together. In 2012, we grew to about 80 dues-paying members, at the end of 2013 we had approximately 170 dues-paying members and a mailing list of over 700 local Bay Area beer geeks and homebrewers. We continue to grow! We must be doing something right, come see if you want to join up, too!
If you are interested in joining or renewing your membership so you get invites to all our events, please visit - http://sfhomebrewersguild.com/sign-up/ .
Your $45 annual membership includes:
- Regular monthly meetings held at various taprooms around the City, featuring talks by pro brewers, homebrewers and beer enthusiasts
- 10% off gear and ingredients from homebrew shops around the Bay
- our annual SF Beer Week homebrew share;
- brew days at member’s homes;
- our annual brewery bus tour;
- our SFHG Homebrewer of the Year series of AHA-BJCP certified homebrew competitions
- collaboration brews with pro breweries around the Bay;
- SFHG group camping at the Northern CA Homebrewers Festival;
- the summer Homebrew-B-Q in Golden Gate Park;
- many more small events, pro-am brews, happy hours, brewery tours, and beer geek parties throughout the year!
Even President Obama is down with the SFHG (http://www.reddit.com/r/beer/comments/20swky/president_obamas_letter_to_sfhgs_prez_honey_ale/), shouldn’t you be?
Keep up to date on SFHG activity via the SFHG Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/sfhomebrewersguild), Twitter (https://twitter.com/SFHomebrewG) and the SFHG website (http://sfhomebrewersguild.com/)!
Whether you have been brewing all grain for many years or have barely unpacked your extract starter kit, the SFHG welcomes homebrewers of all levels.