Speaker: Prakash Heda of Advent Software
Join us to see Prakash review scripts and demonstrate how to Streamline SQL Server implementations. You can download the PowerPoint presentation about process here: Streamlining SQL Server Implementations Across Organizations (http://www.sqlsaturday.com/375/Sessions/Details.aspx?oldsessionid=26425).
You'll learn about a take-away script to install different versions of SQL Server on supported OS systems. This script allows anyone in IT to install SQL systems with best practices baked into it which ensures all SQL installations can be streamlined.
You'll see PowerShell scripts where a single line script can install any of these combinations:
• Windows 2008R2/2012/2012R2
• SQL 2014/2012/2008R2 (Enterprise/Standard/Developer editions)
• Implement best practices and configuration based on available resources for dedicated SQL Server environments
This session is mostly demo-focused. Prakash will cover prerequisites for scripts and show how to do multiple SQL Server installations using scripts.
You'll Learn How To:
• Install different versions of SQL server on supported OS systems, and receive the scripts to do so
• Install SQL Server systems following best practices
• Ensure consistent SQL Server support environments help improve DBA productivity and reduce production issues
• Easily add new SQL Server configurations to support new applications and new versions of SQL Servers
• Identify support situations where different types of applications need dedicated SQL Servers
Prakash Heda leads the database team at Advent Software. His expertise includes Automation/Performance Tuning/Troubleshooting, designing and implementing high availability solutions including SAN and windows administration. He has managed enterprise-wide data needs in both high volume transactional and data warehouse environments. Prakash holds certifications for MCDBA and MCITP and has administration expertise on SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2014. He’s a frequent presenter at user groups, SQL Saturdays, and other community events. See his video tutorials here: http://www.sqlfeatures.com/