This group is for everyone who shares an interest in Power BI and wants to take their data analytic skills to the next level. Our purpose it to share knowledge and learn from one another. We're focused on data analytics and reporting using Excel and the Microsoft Power BI suite of tools. You'll learn about pivot tables, pivot charts, Power Query, Power Pivot, Power View, Power Map, Power BI and Power BI Designer.
We are an official member of the Microsoft Power BI Community. Please visit the Power BI Community site (http://community.powerbi.com/) to see the message boards and learn about upcoming events and training opportunities.
Power BI integrates with external tools that can provide additional features and improve the productivity for report authors. Internationally known BI expert Marco Russo will describe how the External Tools feature in Power BI works, and analyze a few popular external tools like DAX Studio and Tabular Editor.
In various demos Marco will show:
* How to find the configuration file for external tools and its content
* How DAX Studio works as an external tool
* How Tabular Editor works as an external tool
* How to integrate a tool in Power BI
* How to improve authoring Power BI models by using Tabular Editor
* How DAX Studio can be used to query an existing Power BI model and investigate DAX performance or calculation issues