Get a 1 Year Free Trial for a Cloud Server!
FUND YOUR VISION.
How much is your startup worth? Ask Jeff Faust at Berger Lewis.
Reach 310 Million international users with Opera Mobile Store.
- Opera Mobile Store allows developers to reach 310 Million international users of Opera Mobile browsers.
- Developers can publish apps free of any charge and also configure sponsored campaigns to reach higher visibility.
For great gigs, or to find great tech talent, go to Dice.com
For info on Microsoft products and services for small and medium sized businesses, contact:
For your startup legal needs, contact:
This event is organized in collaboration with other groups.
This event is free to attend.
Please only RSVP "Yes" if you will be attending.
If you RSVP "Yes" and later find out that you cannot attend, please adjust your RSVP response accordingly.
Check out of some of the top up and coming startups in Silicon Valley as they pitch to a panel of investors.
Meet other entrepreneurs and Silicon Valley movers and shakers.
Network, socialize and connect!
6:00 pm to 7:00 pm Networking, Food
7:00 pm to 8:30 pm Pitches
8:30 pm to 9:30 pm Announcements, Raffle, Networking
Each entrepreneur will pitch for five minutes, followed by five minutes of Q & A from the investor panel.
There will be door prizes given out to some lucky attendees.
There will be media coverage of this event.
The following startups will be presenting:
1. Liibook (www.liibook.com) is a peer-to-peer publishing network. Writers get to release books for free, decide on pricing, retain copyright privileges and 100% of sales. They get profiles and followers, reads, downloads, likes, comments, messages. Liibook is a social marketplace. Publishers can use the same tools and manage multiple writers reputations, and also search for new talent and trends.
2. RideAuction (www.rideauction.com) is unique platform created toutilize transportation providers excess capacity and to allowconsumers to negotiate the best price for limo and taxi services inreal-time. In a nutshell, this is priceline for limo/taxis.
3. HSHub is an e-commerce platform specialized in non-occupational service trades with escrow and dispute resolution for the long-tail market.
4. LotsOfJots (www.lotsofjots.com) is a comprehensive collaboration platform, featuring a notebook, wiki, chat room, and whiteboard in one integrated solution, empowering teams to organize and share ideas faster than ever before.
5. Megafone offers local businesses an easy way to communicate across multiple platforms — websites, social media, email, online advertising, etc. — that they can operate with just a smartphone. Their product is specifically tuned to the needs of small local businesses whose customers are located in a defined geographic area.
Val Babajov is an entrepreneur and angel investor with three decades of software development and business management experience.
Val is currently Founder and Managing Director of Voivoda Ventures, an early stage investment fund focused on B2B software technology startups. Voivoda has provided initial and follow-on funding for 14 companies since 2010.
The Voivoda team takes a hands-on approach to early stage investing that involves working closely with companies from investment to exit, often as a member of the board. The fund’s geographical focus includes companies based outside of the United States. Voivoda leverages the growing network of international technology accelerators to identify top companies from around the world and assist them with moving to California for fundraising. This unique approach has led to successful funding of companies from New Zealand, Turkey and Bulgaria.
Voivoda helps these companies through the process of establishing a legal and physical presence in the US and serves as their lead investor to assist with successfully completing their first round of funding. After funding, Voivoda and its team of mentors help portfolio companies accelerate their business and achieve successful outcomes.
Prior to founding Voivoda ventures, Val spent 33 years in the software development industry. During this time Val navigated four successful exits.
Michael Pachos is a Principal at Samsung Ventures. He joined Samsung 2008, first working out of the Seoul headquarters, and then transferring to the San Jose office in 2012. He focuses on consumer, display, and IT related investments. Select portfolio companies are Collective Media, Pivot3, Novaled and nLight.
Prior to joining Samsung Ventures, Michael worked in the Samsung Group's Global Strategy Group (GSG). GSG was established under the chairman's office to address strategic and operational issues at the CEO level of Group companies. Michael worked on projects involving M&A, convergence and digital media strategy, and channel strategy. Before joining Samsung Michael was a CPU architect at DEC, Compaq/HQ and Intel. Michael is also a co-founder of Global Velocity, an enterprise security related hardware company.
Michael earned his M.B.A. at the Wharton School and completed law related coursework.
Michael holds his B.S. degree in Computer Engineering from Washington University in St. Louis
Assim Gupta is a serial entrepreneur and angel investor with Keiretsu Forum. He has more than 20 years of software development and business strategy experience and has worked with leading names in Silicon Valley like Apple, Google, Oracle, SGI etc. Assim's current focus is in mobile/ cloud based consumer services and products. He typically works with early stage companies which have some unique proposition in these areas.
Assim has an MBA in International Business as well as a BS in Electronics Engineering.
Jackie V. Hernandez is the Vice President of Operations and Customer Engagement at PlugandPlayTechCenter.com, the largest business accelerator in the United States. In this role, Jackie has been instrumental in creating the extraordinary business-accelerator concept for high-tech, high-growth companies valued in over US$2 billion.
While living in Mexico, Jackie established and developed the first nationwide plastics bulk distribution system for Chemtex International that linked cross-border, multimodal truck-rail routes to move over US$100M worth plastic raw materials per year. Under her tenure the company grew 10-fold to what is today one of the largest food and packaging plastics distribution channels of ExxonMobile in Mexico. Prior to Chemtex, Jackie cut her teeth oninternational trade, serving as imports manager of commodity raw materials in the automotive industry working for Bujias Champion de Mexico, later acquired by Cooper Industries.
Ms. Hernandez graduated from the National Autonomous University of Mexico with a concentration in chemistry and specialty in pharmacobiology and immunology. Her passion for education has taken her from teaching high school biology and physics to lecturing on entrepreneurship with Stanford Prof. Tom Kosnik for the National University of Singapore.
We will be holding regular, on-going pitch events in Silicon Valley and San Francisco.
If you are interested in participating in future events, please send an email to:
All the following types of participants are welcome:
1) startups who would like to pitch
2) investors who would like to be on a panel
3) sponsors for food, venue, door prizes, media, etc.
4) event organizers to cross promote the event
5) volunteers/interns to help with organizing the event
This event will be video taped and archived for future reference for Idea to IPO members.
Our media sponsor, Silicon Valley film maker Ben Halverson ofBay Area Films (http://bit.ly/WN6q4Z) will be videotaping the event.
For help with your online video presence, please contact Ben at:
Mention Idea to IPO for a complimentary consultation.