Volunteers will be checking the run routes for the upcoming events. King County will provide tools for either drainage maintenance or small hand clippers to remove branches that are in the way of the trails.
The main idea is that King County will give each person or team of people a laminated map of the route and simply ask them to document any downed trees or other problems that would impact the event that is next scheduled. This will allow KC to save countless hours of recon, and focus their efforts on known issues.
Other items of note:
• Dress for the weather...we work rain or shine!
• Wear clothes you don't mind muddying up...we pull weeds, dig drainage ditches, tear down old structures, etc.
• Parks & Rec will provide gloves and tools.
• We will all sign waivers with Parks & Rec upon arrival.
• If you require proof/documentation/sign-off for volunteer hours, We'll be tracking them, so just let us know!