The number 1 way to sell gobs of books is to speak speak speak. Statistics prove that you will actually sell 80% more books if you have a speaker’s platform. It’s true!
So how do start a speaking career? Who wants to hire you? What kind of fee should you charge? How do you put together a speech that will wow?
Polly Letofsky is a nationally renowned keynote speaker, and she is going to give you the answers to these questions and more. Polly has been speaking for 17 years to rapt audiences around the country, now she wants to help you tackle the speaking business to share your message from the stage.
Polly has put together a 6-hour Speaking Business 101 class that is intended to give you a thorough review on the speaking business so you can start your speaking career fully informed.
In this Speaking Business 101 class Polly will cover:
• How to find your best audience
• Your marketing plan
• 12 ways to find speeches
• How to put your speech together that will grip the audience
• Tips to start and finish your speech – and what NOT to do
• What meeting planners are looking for
• What fee you should charge
• How to nail down your messaging
• A sample pitch letter
• A sample contract
• How you can use your book to leverage your speaker fees
• Best practices for selling your book in the back of the room
• 9 reasons you should accept “free” speeches (It’s true!)
• A list of free speaker bureaus you can post your profile!
NOTE: This is NOT a class to teach you how to speak – Toastmasters and Dale Carnegie already do that very well. Rather, this class is to teach you the hows, whos, whens and wheres to launch your speaking business.
In Speaking Business 101 we will wrap up Polly’s years of experience into 6 hours and a 24-page tutorial that will launch your speaking career with eyes wide open and prepare YOU to take the stage.
When: Saturday, April 20, 2019
Time: 9am – 3pm
Cost: $149 Includes Chipotle lunch
Limited room: Only 12 people