Algorithms on Strings (https://www.coursera.org/learn/algorithms-on-strings) on Coursera
Come and learn with a group of us working through this online course together.
This Week: Algorithmic Challenges 2 (Week 4)
* Finish Assignment 3: Algorithmic Challenges (https://www.coursera.org/learn/algorithms-on-strings/programming/AQy6N/programming-assignment-3)
World and internet is full of textual information. We search for information using textual queries, we read websites, books, e-mails. All those are strings from the point of view of computer science. To make sense of all that information and make search efficient, search engines use many string algorithms. Moreover, the emerging field of personalized medicine uses many search algorithms to find disease-causing mutations in the human genome.
See https://www.coursera.org/learn/algorithms-on-strings for more info on this course.
Coursera offers a free "auditor" option and a paid option, if you want a certificate at the end.
How to Participate
1. Watch the lectures and start the week's assignments.
2. Find something in the week's content you found interesting and maybe research it a little more.
3. At the meetup, we go around the room and each person gets a chance to tell the group about the thing they found interesting or ask questions.
4. Group discussion and friendly banter ensues!
All are welcome – beginners, experts, students and professionals.
Book club is held at Tim & Wei's residence
244A Tanjong Katong Rd
Doors open at 7:00, meetup starts at 7:20.
Bring healthy snacks and drinks of your choice!
Feel free to ask questions in the SingaporeJS Bookclub Gitter channel: https://gitter.im/SingaporeJS/discussions/bookclub