Title: Reinforcement learning using Python
Speaker: Joe Le Truc
Abstract: Reinforcement learning is at the heart of modern AI techniques. It is the underpinning of recent breakthroughs in AI such as AlphaGo and driverless cars. In this talk, I will survey the the main ideas of reinforcement learning and introduce an interesting hypothetical application called ‘Smartcab’. Smartcab is a self-driving car from the not-so-distant future that ferries people from one arbitrary location to another. In this application, I will demonstrate how reinforcement learning can be used to train smart smartcabs to desired self-driving behaviors through trials and errors. The application is developed using Python and the Pygame framework.
Bio: Joe is currently a PhD candidate in Information Systems at Singapore Management University. His interests primarily involve smart technologies for future urban mobility and transportation. He is an experienced R and Python user, where he finds R superb for data visualization and Python an ideal environment for machine learning. He is also interested in applying data science and technologies to social good and international development. When not behind the computer screen, he is an avid traveler and adventurer and an aspiring writer.
Title: Python for RPI Sense HAT
Speaker: Paul Lorett B. Amazona
Abstract: The Sense HAT is an add-on board for Raspberry Pi, made especially for the Astro Pi mission – went to the International Space Station in December 2015.
The Sense HAT has an 8×8 RGB LED matrix, a five-button joystick and includes a number of sensors.
He will be sharing about the following:
1. Introduction to Sense HAT
2. A quick demo on its various sensors/features
3. Share some personal mini projects I've done with it.
- Python newbie: picked up python recently so that he can also start sharing something with the python community
- MOOC enthusiast: took quite a number of online courses over the past years from edx, coursera, etc
- Meetup junkie: member of around 247 meetups; attends meetups almost every week;
- Tech hobbyist: recently been playing with robotics using raspberry pi and arduino