Join us in this October exclusive Meetup on the 16th October, hosted by Rakuten Viki at Level 29, CapitaGreen for an evening of drinks and food, iOS talks, show & tell!
* Thanh is a software engineer working on the Viki iOS and tvOS App, a Singapore-based Asian Drama Streaming Platform. His work has been featured several times by Apple and most recently, in Apple’s TV App. Rakuten Viki was featured as one of the best apps of the year by Apple at WWDC 2018.
* Heng hong is a former Facebook software engineer who has spent 4+ years working on iOS Core Infrastructure at Messenger.
138 Market Street, #29-01
(Kindly RSVP early for building security clearance)
• 6:30pm: Food and refreshments, say hello to other iOS devs
• 7:10pm: Short Introduction by Rakuten Viki
• 7:15pm: Developing for Apple TV - by Thanh
• 7:45pm: Building Functional Reactive Apps without Rx - by Heng hong
• 8:15pm: Show & Tell
Thanh - Software Engineer @ Rakuten Viki
Developing for Apple TV
Creating an Apple TV variant of your app may appear challenging, both from business feasibility and engineering efficacy. In this talk, we will explore how companies with existing iOS apps can build a tvOS variant from scratch while minimizing business costs and encouraging good engineering practices.
Building Functional Reactive Apps without Rx
Functional reactive are 2 big words put together, and people often think of functional reactive programming as Rx (the framework) but it really is not.
Applying functional reactive principles is important to make apps responsive and multi-device compatible.
In this talk, I will, in an easy to understand way, explain how to use functional reactive concepts in your applications.
I will describe some concrete steps that you can immediately apply to make your application more responsive.
I will also explain some of the pros and cons of using Rx and talk abut about the MVVM architecture pattern and how it is complementary.
* Follow us on Twitter at @iOSDevScout and @iOSConfSG for the latest updates! *
About iOS Conf SG:
iOS Conf SG is South East Asia's only annual iOS Conference organised by iOS Dev Scout. Last year's sold-out conference of 300 attendees was held on the 19th and 20th of October with both overseas and local speakers from Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Instagram, PayPal, PlanGrid, Raywenderlich, Realm, SEA Group, ex-Apple, ex-Twitter, Carousell, Garena, SP Digital and other tech companies to share their technical expertise and experiences.
iOS Conf SG 2019 will be happening on the 18th and 19th January 2019. Visit our iOS Dev Scout Group and iOS Conf SG Page for the latest updates:
iOS Conf SG: https://www.facebook.com/iosconfsg/
iOS Dev Scout: https://www.facebook.com/groups/iosdevscout/
iOS Conf SG 2017 Videos: https://engineers.sg/conference/iosconfsg-2017
iOS Conf SG 2016 Videos: https://engineers.sg/conference/iosconfsg2016
• Special Thanks to Rakuten Viki for sponsoring the venue, food and drinks!
• Special Thanks to Engineers SG (https://twitter.com/engineersftw) for the video recording and coverage!