Join us in our last meetup of the year 2018 on the 13th November, hosted by Traveloka Singapore for an evening of drinks and food, iOS talks, show & tell, as well as a Ray Wenderlich book to be won!
We will not be having a meetup in December as the team prepares for iOS Conf SG 2019 (18th and 19th January), as well as a special event in end November.
77 Robinson Rd, #09-01
(Kindly RSVP early for building security clearance)
• Stefanie Seah - Software Engineer - iOS @ SP Digital
• Lin Hairui - iOS developer @ SoRealProp
• 6:30pm: Food and refreshments, say hello to other iOS devs
• 7:10pm: Short Introduction by Traveloka Singapore
• 7:15pm: money, money, money - by Stefanie
• 7:45pm: Coordinators - by Hairui
• 8:15pm: Show & Tell
About the Topics:
• money, money, money
In this talk, Stefanie will be sharing tips on how to deal with currency in your app.
In 2015, an iOS developer named Soroush Khanlou gave an introductory talk at iOS conference NSSpain’15 on a possible architecture in dealing with, somewhat, messy view controller transitioning codes in view controller file.
The idea is simple. We rid viewControllers of their responsibilities in transitioning back and forth among one another and move this part of codes to a controller class that we call Coordinators.
I have personally adopted such an approach in some of the apps I have written myself. So in this presentation, I will:
1. Give a background on MVC (Massive View Controller) problem
2. Highlight view controller transitioning parts of the codes and how they have contributed to MVC problem
3. Give an introduction to Coordinators and its pros and cons.
4. Suggest an alternative to Coordinators.
• Special Thanks to Traveloka Singapore for sponsoring the venue, food and drinks!
• Special Thanks to Engineers SG (https://twitter.com/engineersftw) for the video recording and coverage!
* Follow us on Twitter at @iOSDevScout and @iOSConfSG for the latest updates! *
About iOS Conf SG:
iOS Conf SG is South East Asia's only annual iOS Conference organised by iOS Dev Scout. Last year's sold-out conference of 300 attendees was held on the 19th and 20th of October with both overseas and local speakers from Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Instagram, PayPal, PlanGrid, Raywenderlich, Realm, SEA Group, ex-Apple, ex-Twitter, Carousell, Garena, SP Digital and other tech companies to share their technical expertise and experiences.
iOS Conf SG 2019 will be happening on the 17th to 19th January 2019. Visit our iOS Dev Scout Group and iOS Conf SG Page for the latest updates:
iOS Conf SG: https://iosconf.sg
iOS Conf SG Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iosconfsg/
iOS Dev Scout: https://www.facebook.com/groups/iosdevscout/
iOS Conf SG 2017 Videos: https://engineers.sg/conference/iosconfsg-2017
iOS Conf SG 2016 Videos: https://engineers.sg/conference/iosconfsg2016