We have collaborated with Tech@Sea Meetup (https://www.meetup.com/Tech-at-Sea/) to bring to you this month's exclusive Meetup!
Join us in this Meetup on the 23rd April, hosted by Tech@Sea at Level 17, Galaxis Building for an evening of drinks and food, iOS talks, show & tell, Kahoot! with prizes to be won!
1 Fusionopolis Place,
#17-10, Galaxis Building
(Kindly RSVP early for building security clearance)
• Jinghan Wang - iOS Developer @ SEA
• Hai Pham - Full Stack Developer @ Grab
• 6:30pm: Food and refreshments, say hello to other iOS devs
• 7:10pm: Short Introduction by SEA
• 7:15pm: Building Adaptive Apps - by Jinghan
• 7:45pm: Redux architecture in Swift - by Hai Pham
• 8:15pm: Show & Tell
About the Topics:
• Building Adaptive Apps
Apple has been rolling out freaky screens for two years. Most of us are probably familiar with concepts like safe areas that help facilitate the layout process. However in UIKit, there are many other things (e.g. layout margins, content adjustment behaviors, etc.) that can interact with or affect the behavior of safe areas. One fine day when they all come together, UIs become restless, and things start messing up.
In this talk we decipher the various, confusing layout concepts one by one. We will also discuss some clever tricks and best practices that we can use everyday.
At the end of the talk, we hope such layout bugs won’t bother you anymore!
(Jinghan is an iOS Developer at Sea Labs. He loves playing with UI/UX stuff and delivering the best experience to every user.)
• Redux architecture in Swift
When other architectures get too boilerplate-y, how would Redux help us write scalable and testable apps? This talk explores use-cases, do’s and don’ts when using this architecture.
• Special Thanks to SEA for sponsoring the venue, food and drinks!
• Special Thanks to Engineers SG (https://twitter.com/engineersftw) for the video recording and coverage!
* Follow us on Twitter at @iOSDevScout and @iOSConfSG for the latest updates! *
About iOS Conf SG:
iOS Conf SG is South East Asia's only annual iOS Conference organised by iOS Dev Scout. iOS Conf SG 2019 concluded with a 1-day workshop and 2-day conference from the 17th to 19th January. Visit our iOS Dev Scout Group and iOS Conf SG Page for the latest updates:
iOS Conf SG: https://www.facebook.com/iosconfsg/
iOS Dev Scout: https://www.facebook.com/groups/iosdevscout/
iOS Conf SG 2019 Videos: https://engineers.sg/conference/iosconfsg-2019