By popular demand, let's get together and get lettering!
This evening event is structured time for learning, exploring and improving our sketchnote practice by focusing on words & lettering.
At this meetup we'll do a quick discussion of what we want to learn, and then go through a few activities to connect with our inner-letterer. (That's hard to say. Letterer. Huh.)
After that we'll jump into either sketchnoting a TED talk or capturing a personal story (not quite sure what will work best yet.) In either case, we'll focus on applying different lettering styles, hierarchy and type treatment. Then we'll close the evening with a collaborative gallery where we'll share our work and offer constructive critique.
If you're new to sketchnoting, this is a great way to get started. And if you're an expert, it's a fun time to practice and share with others. All skill levels welcome!
:: Here's the plan ::
• Welcome, get to know each other & pizza [6:30-6:45ish] - Quick lettering inspirations overview while eating
• Warm-up/rapid rounds (quick 2-5 min practice sessions on lettering)
• Quick critique of work
• Activity session : TED talk or personal story
• Gallery of sketchnotes & open critique (15-20 min)
• Wrap-up, feedback & what to do next time
:: Note about food/drinks
Note: We haz pizza, but we may switch to a different food type because the pizza is notoriously late. But you will be fed: your $5 registration helps to offset the cost. Hope to see y'all there!