303 North Pacific Coast Hwy, Redondo Beach, CA
Are you planning to self-publish your novel? Are you far enough along that your confidence of finishing is building? Are you uncertain about what you should do next?
In our group meeting in December, guest speaker Lyndon Hardy will recount in nitty-gritty detail the things he tried along the way to getting his novels self-published.
He is a New York Times best-selling author whose fantasy trilogy, Magic by the Numbers, sold over half a million copies in the 1980s. Recently retired from other activities to devote full time to writing, his first task was to get those novels, long out of print, available once again.
Among the topics to be shared:
• What to do if you want to strive for success, but do not want writing to be your full time job;
• How many times your manuscript should be proof-read, and how to go about the process;
• The importance of the cover;
• Kindle, epub, Createspace, Ingram Spark: which formats to choose;
• Key questions you should ask to find a qualified layout editor; and
• Whether giveaways, reviews, and promotions really work.
* * * * *
Calling all writers for an opportunity to get together with like-minded others in a casual setting to maintain motivation and productivity.
Our monthly large-group meeting typically convenes on the 1st Saturday morning of each month at the Redondo Beach Main Library. It is free and open to the public, constrained only by room size.
Group organizer Bo Folsom brings 18-years of aerospace experience in systems engineering and project management to the South Bay Creative Writers Group. Currently, he offers his expertise in editing, web design, and small business consulting on a sliding-scale basis. His weekly supportive writer workshops provide an opportunity to share knowledge as well as fuel his own creative work.
I'm a freelance writer and a Reiki practitioner, living in beautiful Redondo Beach.
Singer, Composer, Writer, Director, Producer, Actress, Instructor, Designer