Join us on Wednesday, February 5th, 2014, as the Startup Policy Lab (http://www.meetup.com/Startup-Policy-Lab/) covers the Affordable Care Act, Covered California & what it all means for Founders and Startups! Experts will explain what the new policies are, what they mean to startups, AND attendees can learn how entrepreneurs and startups can get coverage.
Appetizers and drinks provided by Mozilla's WebFWD (https://webfwd.org) team.
Meet leaders actively working in the space, people trying to get involved, those trying to use the new rules to raise money, and those that just want to learn more. Everyone is welcome: policy wonks, aficionados, enthusiasts, and those just interested in this issue.
Use hashtag #policylab
- Presentations by leaders in the space working on healthcare! Followed by Q&A and Networking.
1. Charles Belle, Founder Startup Policy Lab. Brief overview of the Affordable Healthcare Act (aka Obamacare) and Covered California (https://www.coveredca.com).
2. Gina Lujan, Founder & Director of HackerLab (http://hackerlab.org) will talk about how entrepreneurs can get healthcare through HackerCare.org (http://hackercare.org)!
3. Rhea Aguinaldo of the Small Business Majority (http://www.smallbusinessmajority.org) talks policy and will explain what all the changes of the Affordable HealthCare and Covered California actually mean, and what's coming down the line that startups and founders need to know.
4. Susan Pfeifer, a certified educator, will talk about the various individual insurance options and how to do the research on your own and how to begin individual enrollment.