As we continue our 2015 focus on Virtual Reality we're presenting you a unique collaborative meetup and networking opportunity. Together with the VR/AR and Creative Coders meetup groups we will discuss latest developments in the local scene, how VR is changing the way we tell and experience stories. Various local media experts will share their knowledge and local VR projects. We will also discuss how trailblazing VR initiatives from abroad can be adopted locally.
Join us in this exciting collaborative exchange on 25 June 2015, 7pm.
• 0. Reception / networking
• 1. Introduction of combined event + introductions of Creative Coding, VR/AR and Storycode Singapore meetup groups?
• 2. Talk 1: Eugene Soh's - Use VR tools in fun unconventional approaches
• 3. Talk 2: Himanshu Shah - Virtual Reality based Amusement Park Ride Simulator
• 4. Talk 3: Hrishi Olickel - The Oculus Drift - An experiment in low-cost, accessible VR livestreaming
• 5. Panel Q&A
• 6. mingle / networking
This meetup will be the collaboration of:
Singapore Creative Coding meetup
Singapore StoryCode meetup
Singapore VR/AR meetup
#07-01, 401 Commonwealth Drive, Haw Par Technocentre,[masked]
Directions getting to Zendesk office: its a 5 minutes walks from Commonwealth MRT, and take the elevator from Lobby B.
- Eugene Soh: Use VR tools in fun unconventional approaches
Eugene Soh is a Singaporean fine artist who happens to be a programming genius. When he isn't traveling the world, he is at home making apps or creating epic photographic renditions of famous renaissance paintings. Eugene has recently taken a strong interest in harvesting energy from the sun (solar power, because he hates paying bills) and may be moving in that direction.
Eugene had a 'virtual reality' installation at Singapore Art Museum last year but it wasn't what you would expect. Eugene brings you 3 ways to use VR tools in fun non-conventional VR ways
- Himanshu Shah: Virtual Reality based Amusement Park Ride Simulator
Himanshu Shah has been in the production industry for the last 15 years and is involved in a number of media and film production companies. One of the most prominent among them delivers Stereoscopic 3D video production. His latest media endeavor focuses on the creation of VR Rides.
- Hrishi Olickel: The Oculus Drift - An experiment in low-cost, accessible VR livestreaming.
An effort to make Virtual Reality truly accessible and economical for the consumer, and a look into what could evolve to be one of the biggest consumer industries ever.
Hrishi went to ACS(Independent), graduated in 2012 for IB in the top 1%. Currently majoring in Computer Science at Yale-NUS College focusing on Machine Learning and Big Data. Founder of the Yale-NUS Hackerspace, hackathon enthusiast