What we're about
+6Improve English & Make Friends
STUDY ENGLISH in CANADA
* Membership & events are FREE for this group (forever), except for your own orders and expenses.
• Very often we hold major meetups (either language or social) at a food court near subway (downtown Toronto or North York) so that it is ABSOLUTE FREE for you. Free bottled spring water will be provided to attendees as long as I can buy it from a shop nearby.
Want to practice your English for free? Meet friends from the international community in Toronto? Learn and practice multiple languages (besides English) for free? Get valuable info/assistance/resources or attend activities of interests together? Understand the diverse cultures all over the world? JOIN US--
A Free & Friendly Community for English Learning, Practice & Peer Supports
This is a community of international students, newcomers to Canada, people interested in improving their English, people interested in another language or culture, and English-speaking locals who'd like to help out or make friends. We are Not-for-Profit and not associated with any (private) English schools or immigration companies etc.
• What motivated us to do this? It's a happy thing to serve, meet friends from all over the world, and we like international students/visitors or newcomers to blend in, enjoy what the city has to offer, and get a wonderful impression when you first come to Toronto or leave an unforgettable memory when you return to your home country--we are all in it creating invaluable friendship across the boundary or barrier of nationalities, languages, races, cultures, and distance--isn't it something nice:)
All ages and levels of proficiency are welcome! Have fun and learn in a relaxed atmosphere. If you are native or advanced English speakers, welcome to join us, make friends, and help out!
Events and Classes to be offered in Downtown Toronto and/or North York.
• Live in Toronto--Youtube tips for immigrants, foreigners and newcomers:
Recommendation for a Fun Meetup with Lots of Activities (esp., in Spring & Summer):
Global Friends (5,000+ friends) (http://www.meetup.com/Toronto_Friends/)
* A global chain of non-profits that serve the international communities (for FREE) at major cities worldwide
Other Recommended Groups:
20 & 30 somethings in Toronto (3,000+ international friends)
DISCOVER TORONTO--The Adventures & Travel Meetup Group (3,000+ adventurers)
TORONTO NEWCOMERS (4,000+ members) #1 in Canada
Sister Groups Internationally:
Tokyo Friends (http://www.meetup.com/Tokyo-Friends/)
20 & 30 somethings in Tokyo
New York Friends (3,500+ members)
San Francisco Friends (8,500+ members)
Chicago Friends (8,500+ members)
Shanghai Friends (3,500+ members) (http://www.meetup.com/Shanghai-Friend/)
Hong Kong Friends (5,000 members) (http://www.meetup.com/HongKong-International/)
*** BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE ***
THE TORONTO LEARNING NETWORK--Learning, Sharing, Friendship & Fun Are Supposed to Be FREE ^_^
* We are 10,000+ members that enjoy learning new things & meeting new friends in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
Study in Canada (5,000+ friends) (http://www.meetup.com/Study-in-Canada/)
Toronto Language Exchange (4,000+ members) (http://www.meetup.com/Social-Networks/)
Toronto Artists & Art Lovers (1,500+ members) (http://www.meetup.com/artist/)
Career, Business & Dream Builders (3,000+ members)
Ontario University, College & Graduate Students Meet Up (1,500+ members) (http://www.meetup.com/Social-Networks/)
Toronto Young Professionals & Entrepreneurs (TYPE) 2,400+ members (http://www.meetup.com/Global-Young-Professionals/)
** EVERYONE IS WELCOME ** Every group (in the above list) & their events and service are free (except for your own orders or expenses)