What we're about
Upcoming events (3)
It's the Yearly HP Meetup gift exchange!
We apologize that its on a Tuesday this year. We have been having a lot of conflicts with the calendar but made sure to schedule this as early into December as possible.
Members who wish to bring and receive a gift will present their gift to one of the organizers at the beginning of the Meetup. These gifts will be placed in the gift pile. You will receive a printed number that will be used later that evening.
After dinner, the numbers will be called one at a time. The member with that number will pick a gift from the gift stack. We will then open our gifts all at the same time and show them to the group!
1. Is bringing a gift required to attend this Meetup?
- No, but if you would like to receive a gift, you have to bring one to share. If you are unable to bring a gift, you can still attend and hang out.
2. Do the gifts have a price limit?
- Please keep your gift within $15. We understand if you want to possibly spend more, but try not to. This ensures that everyone's gifts are within the same price range.
3. Any advice on the kind of gift?
- It would be wonderful if we all had time to handcraft a gift, but a store-bought gift is just as wonderful, it's the magic of the giving that counts.
- Also, it's probably best to avoid specific houses, since the gifts will be random and you won't know what house someone is in.
4. Does it have to be HP related?
- Yes, the gift should be HP related.
5. Should the gifts be wrapped?
- Actually, this is pretty much a requirement. This is so every gift is a surprise! Don't worry if you are not good at wrapping! This is not a Martha Stewart Meetup and you will not be judged for your wrapping prowess ;)
6. What about HP-NYC's policy about Warner Brothers and JK Rowling products?
- We strongly encourage our members to patronize independent fan creators (Such as on Etsy, and Fan art item websites) and second-hand stores. But we certainly will not police gifts that you provide.
It's our annual cosplay ice skating event! Each year we alternate between Brooklyn and Manhattan skating rinks. Last year our event was in Prospect Park so we are back at Bryant Park this year!
TICKET INFO: You are responsible for obtaining your own ticket to the rink. Admission is free and skate rentals have a range in price around $20. Even if you are using free admission you have to sign up for a ticket.
To get your ticket go to: https://bryantpark.org/activities/bank-of-america-winter-village-at-bryant-park and click on RESERVE SKATE TIME
Choose your ticket type and make sure to select Sunday January 8th, with the 10:45am entrance time.
We will gather at the main entrance of the rink at 10:30am and enter together at 10:45am
Lets get a huge headcount for this! The more members the better as this is one of our premiere events! Lets freak out the Muggles and help promote the group!
COSTUMES ARE NOT REQUIRED JUST STRONGLY ENCOURAGED. Please come even if you don't have robes or other HP costumes.
Also please feel free to come even if you don't skate. There are seating areas around the rink so you can sit sip some hot cocoa and watch us flail around =)
GROUP PHOTO: After we skate we gather for a group photo. So please stick around if you want to be in the photo!
LUNCH AFTER SKATING:
We are going to reserve a large group table at Reichenbach Hall. A German Beer Hall that is a few blocks away. They have a full menu and include vegetarian dishes as well.
We will have a second event created to track RSVPs for our reservation for lunch. It will be for 2:30pm
Reichenbach Hall is a German Beer Hall close by Bryant Park. They have a full menu of German dishes, which include vegetarian options.
Seating is plentiful and is in long table style. Which makes it ideal for our group size.
Please RSVP by December 18th so that I can place the reservation.
If you are not attending ice skating but want to join us for lunch. That is absolutely fine. Just make sure to RSVP!