200 Bishan Rd Singapore 579827, Singapore
For most of the last century, nothing much changed in sleepy and laid-back Kluang, which was once Johor's second most prosperous town after the capital Johor Baru.
In the 1970s and 80s, Kluang seemed to have gone from being a key inland port to a forgotten relic. The importance of its iconic railway station, which served vast tracts of agricultural areas and several manufacturing hubs, diminished in importance after Malaysia beefed up its road and air transport system.
Even today, Singaporeans often give the place a miss as they drive up on the North-South Expressway from JB to Malacca and other places further north - despite Kluang being just an hour away from JB. (Straits Times 27 Aug 2016)
But hey, things have changed! Let us take you on a Hike & Seek weekend adventure not only to Kluang but also to the Old Charming Town of Muar! Two beautiful towns that have preserved their heritage reminiscing the good old days back in the 60's & 70's.
Here are the HIGHLIGHTS!
Before we start our gobbling and feasting, let's do a nice refreshing morning hike first to where else?
1) Gunung Lambak! For those who are training for our upcoming hikes next year, Lambak offers you up to 4 stations to train. Otherwise, you may choose to do a leisure hike up at your own comfortable pace. For those who are unable to do the hike, you may wish to explore Kluang town with our 'die-hard' food-lovers and photographers and see the town 'waking up' as it slowly comes to life.
2) Traditional Dim-sum/ Uncle Frog Desserts/ Kluang Rail Coffee/ Tangkak Beef Noodle etc. For those adventurous food-lovers, Kluang is known for many of its good food as well. After the hike, we can explore the town together and check out some of their famous eateries.
3) Kluang Old Railway - A Photographer's Favourite! This place still manages to preserve its old charm and you can't help as you get this feeling of nostalgia as you see the local folks having their coffee, bread and eggs at this old 1950's train station.
4) Street Murals & Old Shophouses. Get your cameras ready and have fun posing and taking funny 'wefie' shots together with your friends as we explore some of Kluang' old streets and shop-houses.
5) Massage/ Karaoke/ Bowling/ Happy Hour! And in the evening, what else? It's time to chill-out guys! Let's eat, drink and be merry and get ready to sing, shout, scream. It's Happy Hour! As many of us are still 'young at heart', let's have a good drink and perhaps play some ice-breakers games as we get to know each other better.
6) Zen-Xin Organic Farm - As we make our way to Muar, let's check out this organic farm. Perhaps some of you may wish to purchase their local organic produce that are good for health and longevity.
7) Muar Old Town - Known for good old street food as well as its rows of color-coded old shop-houses, Muar exudes a charm on its own. We'll have our breakfast/ brunch here as we try the street food and local coffee-shops for good eats.
8) Muar Otah - Of course, our Muar adventure wouldn't be complete if you haven't try what the town is best known for - the famous Muar Otah. Voted by the locals as the Best Muar Otah, we'll be bringing you to this secret outlet. It's not the one you buy from shops selling here in Singapore or JB. Try it and I'm sure you'll agree.
9) Little Nonya location shooting - If time permits, we'll bring you to this nice beautiful old temple and its surrounding settings where our famous local Mediacorp's "Little Nonya" production was filmed and shot there.
10)Pantai Leka, Parit Jawa - A nice sea-side fishing village. This coastal small town is an important stopover and winter feeding ground for 60 bird species of migratory birds including egret, eagle, heron, sandpiper, swift and kingfisher, as efforts are being taken to gazet this area as a bird sanctuary. There are many sea food joints, grilled fish and assam pedas stalls and restaurants serving good nice delicious food here.
11) Sungai Gersik Hot Spring - Kolam Air Panas Sungai Gersik, the natural wonder of hot springs can be found in the district of Muar, about 10km from Parit Jawa town. This hot spring, with water temperature reaching 50 to 70 degree Celsius, was discovered over 100 years ago in the peaty area. It is believed to have healing power due to its high sulphur content. Well .. no harm having an 'onsen' experience. Do bring a small towel along.
12) JB Hawker Stalls & Street Eats - If time permits, let's check out some of JB's hawker stalls and street eats patronized by the locals but not known to many of us to find out why they are so popular. Penang Char Kway teow, Assam Laksa, Oh-chien, Chee chiong fun, Chendol, Lor bak etc. Well ... we live to eat right? Come on, give me a FIVE!
Aa always, all these activities paled in comparison to the fun, jokes, laughter that we're all gonna share together, right? Really, it's the crazy company and the new friends that you will get to meet that makes all the difference.
So, if you are ready for a Crazy Weekend Adventure of FUN, FOOD & FRIENDS, our RSVP is OPEN NOW!
10 Dec 2016 (Sat)
6.45am - Meet & Greet (Bishan MRT in front of Exit A).
7.00am - Coach leaves at 7am sharp for JB Customs/ Immigration. Jam expected.
8.30am - Proceed to Kluang / Gunung Lambak
10.00am - Arrived at G. Lambak & drop off *hikers. The rest proceed for Rest & Relax to explore Kluang Old Town/ Railway etc. *Lambak hikers please remember to pack your own lunch to be consumed during the hike.
2.30pm - Pick up hikers and proceed to check-in/ wash-up at our private accommodation. Bring towel/ personal toiletries.
5.30pm - Kluang walking tour for massage, shopping, own dinner, bowling etc.
10.00pm - KTV, Drinks, Movies, Supper. Snacks etc.
11 Dec 2016 (Sun)
7.45am - Check out
8.00am - Dim Sum or Local Kopi-Tiam Breakfast
9.00am - Visit ZenXin Organic Farm along the way to Muar
11.00am - Arrived at Muar Old Town for sightseeing/ shopping/ Otah!
12.30pm - Leave for Parit Jawa Fishing Village
1.30pm - Group lunch (Included).
3.00pm - Head to Sungei Gersik Hot Spring to soak our tired legs
4.00pm - Proceed to JB Sentosa/ KSL Shopping
6.00pm - Dinner @ local Hawker Centre
9.00pm - Proceed to JB Customs. Jam expected.
10.30pm - Arrived at SIN Immigration. Drop off at Marsiling MRT & Bishan MRT
Note: The above is just a suggested itinerary subjected to change depending on the weather and the group pace.
*Lambak Hikers, please send a PM / Whatsapp to Wai Leng by Wed to let her know that you are doing the hike so that she can give you more info.
Wai Leng Hp No:[masked]
Do remember to bring your packed lunch, at least 2 litres of water, your hiking pole, Sun-hat, cap, sunblock lotion, rain-gear, comfortable hiking shoes, camera, mobile phone, first-aid kit, personal medication etc.
Group Size: 38 Pax (TLC Members Only). You may add in your friend/ family members but they will need to be a TLC member once their slot is confirmed.
Date: 10th Dec (Sat) - 11th Dec (Sun). No Leave required.
Meeting Place: Bishan MRT ( Exit A)
Costs: $125 Nett.
* 2D Air-Con Coach Rental w/Pick-up & Drop-off from Singapore
* One Night Accommodation (Twin/ Double/ Quad Sharing)
* One Sumptuous Group Lunch @ Parit Jawa
* Drivers & Tour Leader's Tips
* Park Entrance permits & Fees if applicable
* Fun, Laughter & our very own TLC's (Tender, Loving Care) Trademark.
* Guaranteed to meet & make more new friends/ travelers. You will not be alone.
Personal shopping, massage,food, travel insurance and all other expenses not mentioned above.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT:
RSVP is OPEN NOW!
You may RSVP for your Friends. However, they must be a TLC member once their slot is confirmed.
To be fair to all, please note that this Event is based on a "First to Transfer, First to Confirm" basis and closes once all slots are taken in which I will announce on the Event page. You do not need to wait for my email to transfer and secure your slot.
To secure your seat now, Please transfer $125 via ATM or Online to :
DBS Current/ Autosave Acct:[masked].
Once done, WhatsApp the transfer receipt indicating your Meetup Name to me.
David - Hp: 9745 1777.
Your slot will be confirmed once payment has been received and verified. I will reply you to confirm. Please give us up to 48 hours to update your status as we may not have wifi or access to the internet in certain places.
Disclaimer, Indemnity and Terms of Participation:
If the participant does not show up at the meeting point specified on the agreed date and time, the organizers (hereafter taken to include assistants and hosts) will not wait for the participant. All deposits paid are non-refundable/ transferable.
It is the participant's onus to find out and fulfill, in a timely manner, the immigration requirements of the trip destination with regard to his / her own nationality - i.e. visas, permits etc. In the absence of essential documentation, the organizers shall not be liable for the consequences of incomplete trip formalities.
The participant acknowledges that this is an adventure trip. Should the Organizer decides that the participant or their guest/s is unsuitable to join or their participation may affect the general interests of the group, then the Organizer reserves the right to refund the deposit and remove or replace their slot with another member. The participant by joining is fully aware that the itinerary serves as a guide only and flexibility may be required. The organizers cannot be held responsible for any changes, price increases, cancellations or delays caused by the local travel representative including any mishaps, accidents, strikes, government regulations, weather conditions or natural calamities, etc.
The participant is advised to have comprehensive travel insurance against medical emergencies, personal accidents, natural calamities, travel agent insolvency etc. with the appropriate coverage of activities and geographical area. Please provide the agency, policy number and 24-hours contact number to us before the trip commencement.
The participant understands that during the course of the trip certain events may occur, including, but not limited to, accident or illness, political instability and the forces of nature. The participant agrees to assume all risks associated with the trip and indemnifies the organizers and hosts against all claims arising from his / her participation.
**By my participation, I hereby agree & accept all the above terms and conditions.**
This trip is organized by TLC Adventure Tours Pte Ltd (TA License No: 02896)