We're excited to present San Francisco's 2nd Annual Timmy Awards in an effort to recognize the best places for technology professionals to work. We asked the San Francisco tech community to weigh in by nominating companies they believe deserve to win and then voting for the finalists!
Check out a quick recap video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHdN6MLbwIU) from our Timmy Awards in Philadelphia earlier this year!
Organizations and individuals will be crowned the winners in each of the categories below on December 8th. The evening will begin with cocktails, hor d'oeuvres, music and product demos from the best of the best in San Francisco tech.
Best Technology Startup
• UploadVR (http://uploadvr.com/)
• AppLovin (https://www.applovin.com/)
• PagerDuty (https://www.pagerduty.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=pagerduty&utm_content=Brand-Only&utm_campaign=Brand-Exact-Match&matchtype=e&network=g&device=c&placement=&adposition=1t1&creative=146917979028&_bk=pagerduty&_bt=146917979028&_bm=e&_bn=g&gclid=Cj0KEQiA9ZXBBRC29cPdu7yuvrQBEiQAhyQZ9CovcCKssW1nenQqCI4CzMdb1MnE4tr-5uKWRpduZSQaAtUR8P8HAQ)
• Tradeshift (https://tradeshift.com/)
• Metromile (https://www.metromile.com/insurance/?source=google_brand&medium=cpc&campaign=G_S_Brand_AllStates_PureBrand5&term=metromile&content=155466993009&matchtype=e&campaignid=691820345&adgroupid=35591057917&device=c&network=g&adposition=1t1&gclid=Cj0KEQiA9ZXBBRC29cPdu7yuvrQBEiQAhyQZ9HFfvgQKjh9ARyHQ1VHe5kOlkSu9wotWZYqUaZRqx8QaAi6C8P8HAQ)
• BlueCart (https://www.bluecart.com/)
• VoiceBase (https://www.voicebase.com/)
• Madefire (http://www.madefire.com/)
• Monday Motorbike (http://mondaymotorbikes.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQiA9ZXBBRC29cPdu7yuvrQBEiQAhyQZ9OcVit5wx-SW7mgK2SGlga94C71vN69e6B0PDTc-ILgaApmA8P8HAQ)
• Stitch Labs (https://www.stitchlabs.com/lp/best-inventory-management-software/?utm_source=google.com&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=stitch%20labs&utm_campaign=195508785&utm_content=9289598865&gclid=Cj0KEQiA9ZXBBRC29cPdu7yuvrQBEiQAhyQZ9B0cI_hvc3SoMHHoIDMrnoePXMi-xxycKGaheUiBEtoaAqSr8P8HAQ)
Best Technology Manager
• Mark Towfiq - SVP Product Engineering at UserTesting (https://www.linkedin.com/in/marktowfiq)
• Ayori Selassie - Sr Solutions Engineer at Salesforce (https://www.linkedin.com/in/randomgirl)
• Cassy Rowe - Head of UX/Design at Scoop Technologies (https://www.linkedin.com/in/cassyrowe)
• Eva Pagneux - Head of Product at Hexo+ by Squadrone System (https://www.linkedin.com/in/eva-pagneux-266a04b)
• Joanne Pons - Sr Dr of Software Engineering at MyVest (https://www.linkedin.com/in/joannepons)
• Minnie Ingersoll - Founder/COO of Shift Technologies (https://www.linkedin.com/in/mingersoll)
• Prathibha Deshikachar - Dr. Engineering at AdRoll (https://www.linkedin.com/in/prathibha-deshikachar-7435852)
• Sebastian Tron - CEO at Hopsy (https://www.linkedin.com/in/sebastientron)
• Susan Mernit - CEO at Hack the Hood (https://www.linkedin.com/in/susanmernit)
• Karl Thomsen - CSO at Infuse (https://www.linkedin.com/in/karl-thomsen-925a0649)
Best Technology Work Culture
• AppDynamics (https://www.appdynamics.com/)
• Carbon Five (http://www.carbonfive.com/)
• CrossInstall (https://web.crossinstall.com/)
• Winnie (https://winnie.com/)
• Trulia (https://www.trulia.com/)
• Capital One (https://www.capitalone.com/)
• Walkme (http://www.walkme.com/)
• Treasure Data (https://www.treasuredata.com/)
• Cooper (https://www.cooper.com/)
• Stimulant (https://stimulant.com/)
Jason Kyle (http://www.jasonkylecomedy.com/): An actor, comedian, producer, and writer. He's appeared on the Discovery Channel, National Geographic and REELZ. He's appeared in campaigns for Toyota, Chevy, DELL and Parkmerced, and is the owner of Humor Resources, LLC, which creates funny and engaging content for companies.
2016 Best Tech Manager: Max Wessman (https://www.linkedin.com/in/maxwesman) | Vice President at GoodHire, 2015 Winner of Best Tech Manager Timmy Awards
2016 Best Tech Work Culture, Betsy Martin - Regional Director of Workbridge Associates
2016 Best Tech Startup, Nicole + Kassia - Organizers of Tech in Motion San Francisco
Autodesk (http://www.autodesk.com/company) makes software for people who make things. If you’ve ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great film, chances are you’ve experienced what millions of Autodesk customers are doing with our software. Patrick Rainsberry, Autodesk Business Development Manager, will be talking about Future of Making Things, Autodesk Forge (https://developer.autodesk.com/) and opportunities that change the way how things are designed, made, and used.
Madefire (http://www.madefire.com/) is a legion of visionary artists, storytellers and engineers on a mission to advance the timeless art of storytelling in an era of interactive media, connected devices and virtual and augmented realities. Madefire recently launched the world’s first virtual reality comics reader. For the first time ever, comics fans can step into the page and experience comics from inside an immersive environment of panoramic views, ambient sound and 3D motion. Join Madefire at The Timmy Awards for a live demo.
COMMUNITY PARTNERS + SPONSORS
Is there something you are trying to accomplish in the San Francisco tech community?
Whether it be product marketing, user acquisition, employment branding, or thought leadership, Tech in Motion can help! We currently have 2016 sponsorship opportunities available that will align with the goals you’re trying to achieve with your new app, company, or upcoming event. For more information follow this link (http://www.techinmotionevents.com/sponsors) or send us a meetup message!
As always we would like to thank our sponsors Workbridge Associates and Jobspring Partners for sponsoring this month’s event.