About this Meetup Group (http://www.meetup.com/The-Cleveland-Jujitsu-Meetup-Group/about/)
Join us at our Oct. 20th Meetup in Bedford. Be part of Ohio's oldest, most comprehensive training in Jujitsu by the only instructor trained in Japan and S. America! See why Jujitsu is considered the world's most effective form of self-defense. Remember that no actual training experience is required to join our group, our discussions or our training.
Join us as we delve into the mysteries of Jujitsu, MMA and BJJ at our meeting where we will continue our discussion of these and other questions:
1) Is it Jiujitsu or Jujitsu? What's the difference?
2) What's the difference between Jiujitsu and MMA?
3) How do sport-oriented Jiujitsu and MMA differ from actual Jujitsu?
4) How and why has what is now called Brazilian jiujitsu changed so dramatically since its early days?
5) Will MMA continue its rapid transformation into MMA Boxing, or is it just a passing phase? How does this relate to the saying in Japan that "when someone has a hammer, everything is a nail"?
6) What kinds of techniques are taught at the ongoing Tetsudokan Jujitsu classes at Lakeland College?
Recently I've been asked more and more questions about our year-round training at Lakeland. If you're interested you should know that no prior class or training is required for any of the Jujitsu classes. Students train in groups according to their own experience. They are also sometimes paired with more experienced students that can help them learn the techniques more quickly and easily. Why reinvent the wheel when you don't have to?!
FYI the next Lakeland classes are: Sat., 10-11:30AM, starts 10/23 (runs 7 wks), and Tues., 6-8:30PM, starts 11/02 (also 7 wks). Meetup members can still take advantage of 30% off an optional uniform. The Tetsudokan Jujitsu classes are non-credit classes offered under Continuing Education. You can sign up online at lakelandcc.edu/ce or call[masked] or[masked].
If you have any questions at all about Jujitsu, martial arts in general , training, etc., please ask me by email, on our Meetup page or our Facebook page (Tetsudokan Jujitsu). Otherwise, save them for our meeting! Be fierce! Be BOLD! Train hard!