I will be interviewing Jacob Falkovich who writes putanumonit.com on Rationality: Territory & Maps. We will be addressing the following questions. I recommend reading up the links to get most out of this conversation on methods of thinking.
1) Why do you call your blog PutaNumOnIt?
2) Can you please talk about Rationality in terms of territory and maps?
3) What are the three kinds of Epistemologies or methods of thinking that Scott Alexander talks about?
4) What are the two aspects of rationality, epistemic and instrumental, and how are they related?
5) How do you put a number on things concerning people where it is hard to do it? Why do it when it is so hard?
6) What’s your take on Jordan Peterson?
And much more. Don’t miss it.
We will be joined by 20+ members of other conversation groups.