The Breakfast Club NJ Presents: “A 360 Approach to Personal Effectiveness” presented by Janet Cargill
Saturday November 14 at 8:00 am
Please share this with other groups you may be in.
Presentation:“A 360 Approach to Personal Effectiveness”
The benefits of having a professional, polished appearance can’t be overestimated.
The million dollar questions are:
What does my image project?
What is my body language really saying?
Is my dress appropriate for this occasion?
In today’s changing marketplace it is imperative to use all the information that is at your disposal to set yourself apart from the competition. Your body posture, tone of voice and overall projection of confidence invites others into a comfortable trust relationship with you. In the first 30 seconds, your image, combined with your passion, experience and expertise in your line of work, creates the perfect recipe for a successful career.
Janet Cargill is a highly sought-after image consultant, author, and motivational speaker, Janet Cargill is a seasoned traveler in the world of style. After more than 10 years as a wardrobe consultant, fashion coordinator, executive sales trainer, and award winning sales person for Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren and Liz Claiborne, Janet channeled her talents and experience 15 years ago into creating her successful firm, Image 360.Janet provides customized image training workshops and consultations to organizations and corporations around the country. She also works with private clients, sharing her invaluable expertise to help them project confidence and success to the world. Janet is the author of the popular book, “Look DAMN Good: At Your Age, With Your Body, and On Your Budget”. And, she was cited by the NJ State Legislature for her advocacy and support for women through her volunteer work with the Career and Life Transition Center for Women in Hunterdon County.
About the Meeting:
Networking begins at 7:30 am, meeting starts promptly at 8:00 am.
There is no charge this year to attend the meetings, and there are Bagels and Muffins along with Coffee & Tea
Be sure to tell your friends and bring them along. Be a part of our growing network of Job Seekers, Hiring Managers, Recruiters, Career Coaches, and people who want to be able to help themselves and each other.
Days Hotel Conference Center
195 Rt. 18 South, East Brunswick, NJ 08816
New for 2015 – Meetup.com
We have gone to meetup.com in order to better promote our monthly meetings and attendance.
Please use this link to go to our group’s area on meetup.com and join the group: http://www.meetup.com/The-Breakfast-Club-NJ/
It will take a few seconds and greatly help us to help you and others. Once you join please leave a positive comment, specify by RSVP'ing any meetings you can make and direct people both to our website to join the group http://www.thebreakfastclubnj.com (http://www.thebreakfastclubnj.com/) and the meetup.com link. These actions help keep our group strong so it's there when you and others need it!
The Breakfast Club NJ - 10 Points for Good Member Citizenship
1) Attend meetings regularly to keep group strong and help pay back to others (meeting logistics on our website www.thebreakfastclubnj.com (http://www.thebreakfastclubnj.com/))
2) Keep anti-virus on your machine up to date and run scan regularly
3) Review messages and if request for assistance please help whenever possible
4) Once you have received your invitation and joined our linked in group, connect to other members directly(questions see Gerry Peyton - [masked] )
5) Join groups Facebook group and Google+ circle, and connect to other members directly (questions see Adrienne Roman - [masked] )
6) Join groups twitter account (questions see George Pace - [masked] )
7) If you run across someone in transition invite them to join our group and sponsor them through process (details on our website http://www.thebreakfastclubnj.com )
8) Sunday mornings listen to our radio show, "Your Career Is Calling", at 8am ET either on radio at 107.7 or via internet 24/7 live or on demand at www.1077thebronc.com (http://www.1077thebronc.com/) (as this is a call in show your calls help make it successful)
9) If you are in transition put your elevator pitch in writing to group, ask for help with job search issues or connecting to people at target companies, regularly post job opportunities (from email you joined the group - send email to [masked] )
10) Help fellow members whenever possible
Information on “The Breakfast Club NJ”: (www.thebreakfastclubnj.com (http://www.thebreakfastclubnj.com/))
Join us on Meetup.com at: http://www.meetup.com/The-Breakfast-Club-NJ/ to RSVP for the meeting.
Go to http://www.thebreakfastclubnj.com (http://www.thebreakfastclubnj.com/)for more information and how to join the Yahoo group. You can join the yahoo group at any time; you do not need to have attended a meeting. You can also attend meetings at any time without having joined the yahoo group.
If you have any questions, please let me know ( [masked] ) or send an email to [masked]
We look forward to seeing everyone let's make this a great meeting for our members that are in transition and welcome those that have landed
7:30 to 8:00 –Registration &Open Networking
8:00 to 8:15 - Welcome and housekeeping
8:15 to 9:15 – Presentation by the guest speaker – Limited to 60 minutes
9:15 to 10:15 - Elevator Pitch - 30 Seconds about yourself, who you are, what you are looking for, target companies (3-4), how we can help you, how you can help others. Follow the rule of the Three B’s of Public Speaking: Be informative; Be brief; Be seated.
10:15 until you choose to leave - Open Networking, follow up with people you are interested in meeting following their elevator pitch, exchange business cards, peruse the library, arrange follow up meetings, etc.
1 - Make sure you come with the 30 second elevator pitch - honed - including your targeted companies, your value proposition, etc.
2 - If you are not already a member of our Meetup.com and Facebook groups please join
3 - Once linked to our groups - link to each other - a strong network is a vital component to a successful job search
4 - If you are a member and new to transition send a brief message to the group (from the email you joined the breakfast club from) [masked] (http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/TheBreakfastClubNJ/post?postID=0VQ8D88XABEwoCyb2nXiQTKUz2DDhKuPWVLs3sBoaKv2JhUe26LdCP9wiX68t_rBslwdxi1MNr_Ix-W0DylMt79OFisYUOpy) introducing yourself - and what companies you are targeting - we have 3,000+ members that will respond with help where they can
The Breakfast Club NJ
Director Member Services
Senior Director, Infrastructure and Technology
Keep the faith, keep networking, never give up, never say die.
That position you are looking for may be just around the corner, but you have to go look for it, it is not going to come to you.