The Breakfast Club NJ Presents:“The Breakfast Club of New Jersey Networking Discussion Outline”
Presented by Jack Killion
Saturday December 9th,at 8:00am
Please share this with other groups you may be in. Join us on Meetup.com at: http://www.meetup.com/The-Breakfast-Club-NJ/ to RSVP for the meeting.
Presentation:“The Breakfast Club of New Jersey Networking Discussion Outline”
The thrust of my comments will be about the importance of networking and developing relationships as keys to finding new career opportunities. Key points to be covered include:
What is networking?What are 4 benefits of successful networking?Which is the best of 4 ways to network?The two ways to network – randomly and targetedCold callingWhy people struggle networkingKeys to networking successfullyCritical importance of networking in the job search processCreating Brand YouTaking a different approach to your resumeCreatively creating new job opportunitiesUnderstanding your clusters of contactsDeveloping a job search networking action plan
About the speaker:
Jack Killion is the author of “Network: All the Time, Everywhere With Everybody: Master Your Life & Career”. He started his career at McKinsey and then became a successful entrepreneur, specializing in buying, growing, and selling businesses in the U.S. and internationally in diverse sectors including publishing, manufacturing, horse racing, real estate development, hedge fund investing, and coaching education.
He also has served on the board of directors of public and private corporations and charities, and has taught at three New Jersey university business schools. Jack earned his BS from Yale and an MS from MIT’s Sloan School of Management.
About the Meeting:
Networking begins at 7:30 am, meeting starts promptly at 8:00 am.
There is a $10 fee at the door to cover the cost of the room.
Be sure to tell your friends and bring them along. Be a part of our growing network of Job Seekers, Hiring Managers, Recruiters, Career Coaches, and people who want to be able to help themselves and each other.
Days Hotel Conference Center
195 Rt. 18 South, East Brunswick, NJ 08816
New for 2017 – Meetup.com
We have gone to meetup.com in order to better promote our monthly meetings and attendance.
Please use this link to go to our group’s area on meetup.com and join the group: http://www.meetup.com/The-Breakfast-Club-NJ/
It will take a few seconds and greatly help us to help you and others. Once you join please leave a positive comment, specify by RSVP'ing any meetings you can make and direct people both to our website to join the group http://www.thebreakfastclubnj.com (http://www.thebreakfastclubnj.com/) and the meetup.com link. These actions help keep our group strong so it's there when you and others need it!
The Breakfast Club NJ - 10 Points for Good Member Citizenship
1) Attend meetings regularly to keep group strong and help pay back to others (meeting logistics on our website www.thebreakfastclubnj.com (http://www.thebreakfastclubnj.com/))
2) Keep anti-virus on your machine up to date and run scan regularly
3) Review messages and if request for assistance please help whenever possible
4) Once you have received your invitation and joined our linked in group, connect to other members directly(questions see Gerry Peyton - [masked] )
5) Join groups Facebook group and Google+ circle, and connect to other members directly (questions see Adrienne Roman - [masked] )
6) Join groups twitter account (questions see George Pace - [masked] )
7) If you run across someone in transition invite them to join our group and sponsor them through process (details on our website www.thebreakfastclubnj.com)
8) Sunday mornings listen to our radio show, "Your Career Is Calling", at 8am ET either on radio at 107.7 or via internet 24/7 live or on demand at www.1077thebronc.com (http://www.1077thebronc.com/) (as this is a call in show your calls help make it successful)
9) If you are in transition put your elevator pitch in writing to group, ask for help with job search issues or connecting to people at target companies, regularly post job opportunities (from email you joined the group - send email to [masked] )
10) Help fellow members whenever possible
Information on “The Breakfast ClubNJ”: (www.thebreakfastclubnj.com (http://www.thebreakfastclubnj.com/))
Join us on Meetup.com at: http://www.meetup.com/The-Breakfast-Club-NJ/ to RSVP for the meeting.
Go to http://www.thebreakfastclubnj.com (http://www.thebreakfastclubnj.com/)for more information and how to join the Yahoo group. You can join the yahoo group at any time; you do not need to have attended a meeting. You can also attend meetings at any time without having joined the yahoo group.
If you have any questions, please let me know ( [masked] ) or send an email to [masked]
We look forward to seeing everyone let's make this a great meeting for our members that are in transition and welcome those that have landed
7:30 to 8:00 –Registration &Open Networking
8:00 to 8:15 - Welcome and housekeeping
8:15 to 9:15 – Presentation by the guest speaker – Limited to 60 minutes
9:15 to 10:15 - Elevator Pitch - 30 Seconds about yourself, who you are, what you are looking for, target companies (3-4), how we can help you, how you can help others. Follow the rule of the Three B’s of Public Speaking: Be informative; Be brief; Be seated.
10:15 until you choose to leave - Open Networking, follow up with people you are interested in meeting following their elevator pitch, exchange business cards, peruse the library, arrange follow up meetings, etc.
1 - Make sure you come with the 30 second elevator pitch - honed - including your targeted companies, your value proposition, etc.
2 - If you are not already a member of our Meetup.com and Facebook groups please join
3 - Once linked to our groups - link to each other - a strong network is a vital component to a successful job search
4 - If you are a member and new to transition send a brief message to the group (from the email you joined the breakfast club from) [masked] (http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/TheBreakfastClubNJ/post?postID=0VQ8D88XABEwoCyb2nXiQTKUz2DDhKuPWVLs3sBoaKv2JhUe26LdCP9wiX68t_rBslwdxi1MNr_Ix-W0DylMt79OFisYUOpy) introducing yourself - and what companies you are targeting - we have 3,000+ members that will respond with help where they can
The Breakfast ClubNJ
Director Member Services
Senior Director, Infrastructure and Technology
Keep the faith, keep networking, never give up, never say die.