The Freelance Exchange caters first and foremost to those in KC who are self-employed in the advertising/marketing industry, including:
• graphic designers / art directors
• copywriters / proofreaders
• photographers / videographers
• PR & marketing strategists
• account managers
• web designers / programmers
• social media specialists
• and more.
• We meet for lunch once a month to bring in a speaker or host a round table discussion on those issues most relevant to us 'solopreneurs' in the industry. Additionally, we have regular happy hours, coffee meetups, and put on an annual Portfolio Showcase.
FX also caters to local businesses that are seeking talent by serving as a free resource. This includes large ad agencies, small design shops, large corporations, small mom 'n' pop shops, non-profits, start-ups, and anything and everything in between. Businesses are encouraged to visit our website (http://www.fxofkc.com) to search for talent and also attend the annual Portfolio Showcase.
You help others sell shoes, insurance, phones and a multitude of services. So how the heck do you sell yourself while you’re so busy producing? How do you limit that “famine” part of “feast or famine?" With decades of experience in marketing, advertising, prospecting and sales, Chris Motley and Breandan Filbert will show you time-tested methods of prospecting and selling a creative service. They will cover building and maintaining a prospecting funnel, why people buy, developing multiple streams of revenue, and much, much more. Join us virtually on Friday, January 29th to expand your abilities and get moving in the right direction.
11:30 am - 12 pm: Networking
12-1 pm: Program
BYOL: Bring your own lunch!
Be sure to register in advance on Eventbrite in order to get the Zoom link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fx-january-luncheon-tickets-136363122771?aff=ebdssbonlinesearch&fbclid=IwAR0FK1MxImfHuQt8Gr6O9NJoIQ87Tb7w23h4WSLMhgwIHCvFZi1b7tSqChY
#Freelancer #Contractor #Consultant
Whatever you call it, this is for you.