We will be doing some light house cleaning for Meals On Wheels' home-bound senior clients. No experience or supplies necessary. We'll be meeting at 1:00pm at the Thinkers Cafe and heading over to the client's home close by for the cleaning. The cleaning will go from around 1:30pm to 4pm then we'll head out afterwards and grab a drink somewhere closeby to reward ourselves! Hope you can make it!
Information Regarding Meals on Wheels
Meals On Wheels of San Francisco Nourishes the Whole Person
Many Meals On Wheels of San Francisco (MOWSF) homebound seniors find housework to be difficult, if not impossible, on their own. Almost 70% of our seniors live alone and a majority of them suffer one or more physical limitations. This important one-time group volunteer opportunity addresses this need.
MOWSF Clean Team Program benefits for Homebound Seniors for Homebound Seniors:
• Home safety inspection: referrals for needed safety items and/or community services to MOWSF social workers
• Personal interaction with our volunteers to alleviate some isolation and overcome insecurity about their home condition
• A cleaner and safer living space for homebound seniors
• An introduction to companionship programs, such as the Friendly Visitor and Grocery Shopper programs
• A clean home, and the opportunity to have it cleaned quarterly