Hello Symfony Community! We are going to restart this meetup group and organize more events around Symfony in this great city of San Francisco.
Since we have not done any event for a long time, I propose this first one in a bar, a cafe, or a place that will be defined later on (will be Downtown SF), to meet each other.
No specific presentation, just an old-school style, nice and chatty meetup where we can talk about recent Symfony news, projects we work on, issues with have with the framework or just PHP etc. etc.
Then we'll get a good sense of the group, its real active size, and we will organize talks and presentations. Some ideas for talks that need to be challenged/improved:
- Get ReStarted with Symfony 4 and Flex
- Dependency Injection Container, Services, and Autowiring
- Varnish, ESI, HTTP Cache, and Symfony
- Symfony Workflow Component
- Working with Queues and Symfony
- Symfony Voters and Security Concepts
- CI and CD with Symfony/PHP
I am sure some of you have great ideas as well, so feel free to propose! Anyone is welcome, any level is good! One rule: spreading the love you have about what you are doing using Symfony and/or PHP in general.
I am looking forward to meeting you all! Long live to the Symfony Meetup and see you all very soon!