What we're about
Upcoming events (4+)
Salut la compagnie !
Want to practice your French and pick up some new expressions for casual conversation? Come online this week and join us at Parlons Français ! – French Conversations !
Parlons Français ! – French Conversations ! is free meetup event. At The Language Lovers, we practice a peer-teaching/peer-sharing approach, through which individuals learn languages from others who are willing to share their knowledge of those languages. At the same time, we make great friends from all over the world.
Since this is a conversation group, participants should have at least basic French speaking and listening skills such as the ability to introduce themselves and talk about their day.
All our language-learning meetup events are free of charge.
WE WANT FRENCH SPEAKERS TOO
If you are a French speaker, it would be great if you could join us and help others improve the language.
On the first Saturday of every month, we are running a book club. As part of the regular meetup, those interested discuss a chapter of a book with the group. We will discuss the short story La Horla on July 2nd. The story is available for free online as text and on Youtube as audio.
The book club is optional, we also have general conversation every week.
Rejoignez-nous maintenant !
Please check your microphone and video setup before the meetup.
In Zoom, you can do this by clicking your user icon in the top right corner, then click "Settings" and select "Video" or "Audio" on the left side. Use the "Test Mic" button to record yourself saying a few sentences and listen to them played back.
Please make sure the quality is reasonable; if you can barely understand yourself, chances are we won't be able to understand you either!
When the meetup starts, please connect by clicking the link attached.
NO COMMERCIAL ACTIVITIES
We welcome anyone who is keen to learn a language or help others learn the language. However, this is NOT the platform for individuals who have other intentions, such as recruiting members for their business or organization or selling products or services. We will not hesitate to ask such individuals to stop attending our meetups if they have been found to be pestering our members for such activity.
All levels of German welcome :) we'll split into groups of 5 if need be.
If you're joining us for the first time, introduce yourself with the following:
Hallo, mein Name ist _______.
Ich bin _______.
Ich lerne seit ______ Deutsch.
Meine Hobbys sind ________.
We'll help with pronunciation and vocab, as far as we can :)
Sometimes we have fixed topics, but usually it's just free form conversation.
Look forward to a good chat with you!
Have you been watching a lot of Korean dramas, but can't get past "안녕하세요" (annyeonghaseyo) and "감사합니다" (kamsahamnida)? Or simply want to say out a line from a drama?
Come and join us to pick up some Korean at Saturday Korean: 토요일 한국어. It is best that you already have some working knowledge of the Korean language so that you will have a smoother conversation. All our language-learning meetup events are free of charge.
WE WANT KOREAN SPEAKERS TOO!
We are on a constant lookout for proficient Korean speakers (not necessarily native) to come and share their knowledge of the language and culture. If you speak the language, come join us, help others learn and make lots of friends.
See you there!
한국어 화자를 기다리고 있습니다!
유창한 한국어 구사자 (반드시 원어민일 필요는 없음) 분이시라면 저희와 함께 언어와 문화에 대한 지식을 공유해보시는 건 어떨까요. 다른 한국어 학습자들이 한국어를 배우도록 도와주고 많은 친구도 사귀어 보세요.
ONLY THOSE WHO ARE FULLY VACCINATED CAN JOIN. Stay in your designated group throughout the meetup and do not intermingle with those from another group. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, we are implementing a number of measures at our events. All participants MUST adhere to our instructions.
- We are restricting the total number of participants to our events. If you are on the Waitlist, you are NOT guaranteed that you can join a table
- When you arrive at the meetup, you will be assigned to a table. You MUST sit at the assigned table.
- DO NOT move around between groups or interact with another person at another table during the event.
- Anyone not adhering the instructions above or any other instructions given by the event host might be asked to leave the event. ___________________________________________
IMPORTANT Please read these guidelines on using the food court at 100AM Mall:
- NO COMMERCIAL ACTIVITIES We welcome anyone who is keen to learn a language or help others learn the language. However, this is NOT the platform for individuals who have other intentions, such as recruiting members for their business or organisation or selling products or services. We will not hesitate to ask such individuals to stop attending our meetups if they have been found to be pestering our members for such purposes.
- GETTING THERE Nearest MRT station: Tanjong Pagar Buses: 80, 145 LOCATING US INSIDE THE FOOD COURT When you arrive in the food court, look out for groups of people and ask them if they are there for a meetup. We are usually seated near the entrance of the food court, between the Chinese dessert stall and the drinks stall. You can also send the host a text message via Meetup.