Hi All, Let's celebrate the first day of spring with a meeting!
This month I'll give a talk on leveraging ASP.NET Web APIs using the latest features in ASP.NET Core 2.2 along with hints about what's coming in ASP.NET Core 3.0.
We'll talk about
- How REST APIs work
- How to design and document APIs with Swagger / Open API
- How to test and debug your APIs
- How to call REST APIs from C#, TypeScript / Angular, PowerShell
- Best practices for creating production ready APIs
-- Security, versioning, style guides, and more
- What's driving current trends with APIs and Microservices
- Deployment including deploying with Docker and deploying to Azure
- A variety of tools that can help
- My personal research project generating fractals via REST APIs along with where it's heading and some options for future talks
I'd like you to come away with a good understanding of the basics with the ability to quickly get started creating APIs along with information about the follow-on steps and considerations you'll want to be aware of in order to deploy and use your APIs in production.
I'd like to thank Bryant and Nate from TEKSystems who will provide our venue along with food and drink. Nate is focused on C# and .NET and will be there to answer any questions on related job opportunities.
Please RSVP so that we know how much food and drink to get.
See you there!
Checkout the list of our sponsors at: