This month's discussion topic focuses on forms, memberships, email, and automation.
Whether you're building a paid membership site or adding more sophistication to a business site, there'll be something here for you.
Topics we'll likely address:
• Using forms to gather and work with user data.
• Managing multi-user sites & membership sites.
• Setting up automation workflows to scale tasks.
• Integrating with email service providers.
Lightning talks from:
• Andy: Introduction (slides (https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1JTR-aZ48ARsyIirrUfKuE3AQFlZY8EUY2o0_YSKEQl8/edit?usp=sharing))
• Don Tai: Contact form setup, fields, & routing (https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1YhTY49a-daA8xJXlgxUPaKvFL1uwoO5DKDwE0Okd5PI/edit?usp=sharing) + MailChimp (https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1SFXcSc02Brcr82ujkfwHw8LA5hzPRWkpREWjFxxJLN8/edit?usp=sharing)
• Dan Stramer: Contact Form 7 integration with Flamingo & Asana
If you're interested in doing a quick 10 minute lightning talk, please leave a comment below.
Help us plan future events! Take the Welcome survey. (https://andymci.typeform.com/to/BfzmkN)
Interested in the survey results? Take a look (https://andymci.typeform.com/report/BfzmkN/JUpG).
What is WPToronto East?
Are you in Toronto's east end (or don't mind a trip across the Don Valley?) Then come on over and say hi to your neighbours at WPToronto East!
We get together on the 2nd Saturday of every month to talk about WordPress. We don't do formal presentations. Instead, we focus on open discussions around a central topic.
Our monthly themes skew towards intermediate user, developer, and business topics: building sites, producing content, using plugins & themes, managing projects, writing code, and so on.
Refreshments for WPToronto East are provided courtesy of our friends at A2 Hosting (https://www.a2hosting.com/?utm_source=meetup&utm_campaign=wp_torontoeast&utm_medium=sponsorship) in Ann Arbor.
"A2 Hosting (https://www.a2hosting.com/?utm_source=meetup&utm_campaign=wp_torontoeast&utm_medium=sponsorship) is a web hosting company based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan with data centers across the globe. We sponsor groups like WPToronto East as a way of showing our appreciation for the WordPress community.
At A2, we specialize in performance based hosting for everyone, with a proactive service team working around the clock. Whether you've never run a website before or are a professional developer, rest assured we have a web hosting solution to meet your unique needs!
For fast, reliable hosting, visit a2hosting.com (https://www.a2hosting.com/?utm_source=meetup&utm_campaign=wp_torontoeast&utm_medium=sponsorship). Use the code WPTORONTO51 for a 51% discount on your first payment!"
About The Organizers
Brent Kobayashi (https://twitter.com/brentkobayashi) is the president of Kobayashi Online (http://www.kobayashi.ca/), a creative agency that helps businesses large and small become online friendly. Andy McIlwain (https://andymci.com/) wrangles content and community projects at GoDaddy (https://ca.godaddy.com/).