Building ÐApps #01: Solidity Smart Contracts for Beginners
Attendees, please also register here: https://www.sginnovate.com/events/solidity-smart-contracts-beginners
A decentralized app or "ÐApp", is a software application that runs on a distributed computing system such as the Ethereum blockchain. As opposed to traditional centralized applications, where the frontend talks to APIs and datastores running on centralized servers, a ÐApp talks to smart contracts on decentralized blockchains.
Web3 Singapore is a learning community for folks interested in ÐApp development. No experience necessary - bring your machine and get ready to #BUIDL.
----- Meetup Agenda
In our second session, we'll learn the basics of the Solidity smart contract language and deploy your very first contract on the Ethereum blockchain!
The session will involve:
- A presentation introducing the Solidity smart contract language, and
- Live coding of an example contract where participants can follow along.
- Recap of the previous session on DApps, Blockchains, and Ethereum
- History of Smart Contracts
- The Solidity programming language
- Language basics: Types, Variables, Mappings, Structs, Functions
- Toolchains, Bytecode, ABI, EVM
- Smart Contract Development Philosophy
- Hands-On: Write your first smart contract!
In the next session, we'll jump into more advanced features of the Solidity programming language and learn more about deployments and development tools.
----- About the Speaker
Yos is a blockchain developer experienced in writing smart contracts and building decentralized applications on the Ethereum blockchain. He is passionate about decentralized technologies and started Web3 Singapore to build a community for developers in the space.
6.30pm: Doors open
6.50pm: Start of session, opening address by hosts
7.00pm: Start of scheduled talks
8:30pm: End of event
Thank you to SGInnovate for hosting our meetup!
----- Information for Attendees
Please bring your ID to get through building security.