This is an eight-person NLTH cash game. Our players are experienced but the buy-in and betting structure doesn't suit aggressive, more competitive players. We're low-key, friendly, we don't take ourselves too seriously and we have a lot of laughs. We play in my home in the Castro/Dolores Park neighborhood every other Wednesday from 7:30-10:30. RSVPs open 2 weeks prior to each game (Wed. night) at about 11 pm. Don't be discouraged if it's already full - RSVP anyway because there's a good chance someone may have to cancel.
We've been playing since 2013 and, with very few exceptions, played at the same time, at the same place, with the same rules, and with a full table. Therefore, our member-base is very small and comprises people who live or work in SF, are able to make reasonably firm plans, and show up when they say they will. Members also have whatever modern technology it takes to receive Meetup messages and to respond in a timely manner (particularly when they've been bumped up from the waiting list).
• Come around 7:20-7:25 to say hello and we'll start the game RIGHT at 7:30 (it's a pain in the ass to have to stop play mid-hand to go let someone in who's 5 minutes late).
• $10 buy-in. 25c/50c blinds. Small bills are always welcome.
• A raise does NOT have to be double the previous raise (I know it's unorthodox but that's the way we play it). No straddle bets.
• No trash-talking, pot-splashing, angle-shooting, slow-rolling, etc.
• I will probably scowl at you if you constantly shuffle your chips
• Re-buys (3 max - $40 total outlay) only if/when you're out of chips
• The game ends and we cash out at 10:30 sharp.
• No phones at the table OR if you're dealing or in the hand
• Garbage in/garbage out.
• Fragrance-free. if you're a walking Axe commercial please stay home. : )
I don't do drinks or food. I have a friendly dog and cat and there are 45 stairs to climb to get here.